Re: It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

  • Coy Boy
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
      I will be day hiking all winter long. also a few overnights when I can squeeze them in.

      Coy Boy
      PS also riding my road and mtb in the winter. I know it's not backpacking but it can show versatility in gear.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

      > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
      > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
      > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
      >

      > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
      > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
      > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
      > backpacking gear.
      >

      > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
      > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
      > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
      > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
      > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
      > product we should sign up.
      >

      > Thanks for all of you!
      >
      > Kathy

    • Mark Thompson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 20, 2013
        Sorry for the late response, I was out playing in the woods.  Mt Audubon yesterday (12 miles, 3,000'+ elevation gain, summit at 13,200) and ice climbing today at Hidden Falls, Rocky Mtn National Park.

        so, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
          Well, do you count "winter" in South Carolina? :-) I take that back... Two years ago it snowed three times here! I will be taking lots of day hikes and a couple of backpacking trips. I will also be riding my bike (not bp, but still weather related).

          Dawn

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

          > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
          > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
          > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
          >

          > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
          > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
          > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
          > backpacking gear.
          >

          > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
          > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
          > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
          > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
          > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
          > product we should sign up.
          >

          > Thanks for all of you!
          >
          > Kathy

        • cdaignault
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 22, 2013
            I'm with Jamie (not physically -- but Florida doesn't have much of a winter either).

            -- Chari