Re: It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

  • R&S Caffin
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
      > It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
      > is only 4 months away.
      > Ralph
      I'm with Ralph - very interested, but a problem with the seasons.
      It was 45.8 C here a couple of days ago.

      Cheers
    • Jamie D.
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
        We don't have winter in Phoenix, so yes, I dayhike 4-5 days a week all winter. Would love to test something.

        Jamie DeBenedetto
      • Coy Boy
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
          I will be day hiking all winter long. also a few overnights when I can squeeze them in.

          Coy Boy
          PS also riding my road and mtb in the winter. I know it's not backpacking but it can show versatility in gear.

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

          > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
          > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
          > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
          >

          > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
          > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
          > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
          > backpacking gear.
          >

          > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
          > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
          > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
          > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
          > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
          > product we should sign up.
          >

          > Thanks for all of you!
          >
          > Kathy

        • Mark Thompson
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 20, 2013
            Sorry for the late response, I was out playing in the woods.  Mt Audubon yesterday (12 miles, 3,000'+ elevation gain, summit at 13,200) and ice climbing today at Hidden Falls, Rocky Mtn National Park.

            so, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
              Well, do you count "winter" in South Carolina? :-) I take that back... Two years ago it snowed three times here! I will be taking lots of day hikes and a couple of backpacking trips. I will also be riding my bike (not bp, but still weather related).

              Dawn

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

              > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
              > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
              > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
              >

              > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
              > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
              > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
              > backpacking gear.
              >

              > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
              > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
              > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
              > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
              > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
              > product we should sign up.
              >

              > Thanks for all of you!
              >
              > Kathy

            • cdaignault
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 22, 2013
                I'm with Jamie (not physically -- but Florida doesn't have much of a winter either).

                -- Chari