Re: [backpackgeartesters] It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
      Yes..winter backpacking and dayhiking

      ***Gail***

      ________________________________
      From: Kathy Waters <kathy@...>
      To: BackpackGearTesters@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 10:04 AM
      Subject: [backpackgeartesters] It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

      John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
      mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
      where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.

      I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
      base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
      hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
      backpacking gear.

      Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
      help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
      don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
      quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
      for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
      product we should sign up.

      Thanks for all of you!

    • R&S Caffin
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
        > It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
        > is only 4 months away.
        > Ralph
        I'm with Ralph - very interested, but a problem with the seasons.
        It was 45.8 C here a couple of days ago.

        Cheers
      • Jamie D.
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
          We don't have winter in Phoenix, so yes, I dayhike 4-5 days a week all winter. Would love to test something.

          Jamie DeBenedetto
        • Coy Boy
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
            I will be day hiking all winter long. also a few overnights when I can squeeze them in.

            Coy Boy
            PS also riding my road and mtb in the winter. I know it's not backpacking but it can show versatility in gear.

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

            > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
            > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
            > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
            >

            > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
            > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
            > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
            > backpacking gear.
            >

            > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
            > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
            > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
            > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
            > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
            > product we should sign up.
            >

            > Thanks for all of you!
            >
            > Kathy

          • Mark Thompson
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 20, 2013
              Sorry for the late response, I was out playing in the woods.  Mt Audubon yesterday (12 miles, 3,000'+ elevation gain, summit at 13,200) and ice climbing today at Hidden Falls, Rocky Mtn National Park.

              so, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
                Well, do you count "winter" in South Carolina? :-) I take that back... Two years ago it snowed three times here! I will be taking lots of day hikes and a couple of backpacking trips. I will also be riding my bike (not bp, but still weather related).

                Dawn

                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                >

                > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                > backpacking gear.
                >

                > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                > product we should sign up.
                >

                > Thanks for all of you!
                >
                > Kathy

              • cdaignault
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 22, 2013
                  I'm with Jamie (not physically -- but Florida doesn't have much of a winter either).

                  -- Chari