Re: [backpackgeartesters] It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
      Safe travels Kathy...  and count me in as well for winter gear.

      Brian

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
        Count me as a YES for applying for winter gear!
        Theresa

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
          Yes I do winter backpacks leading groups of newbies but it is the wrong
          season for you. It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
          is only 4 months away.

          Ralph

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
            Count me in for winter gear.

            Ryan
          • Lori Pontious
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
              I am backpacking in winter - going for a SAR training in the snow tomorrow - and have an overnight or two planned before the melt starts in April-ish.

              However, I have been slammed to the mat with work drama and more work, resulting in lateness all around in personal stuff (you don't want to know what the house looks like!) and reviews. I am valiantly attempting to get back on top of things tho.

              Lori

              On Jan 18, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Ralph Ditton <rdassets@...> wrote:

              > Yes I do winter backpacks leading groups of newbies but it is the wrong
              > season for you. It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
              > is only 4 months away.
              >
              > Ralph

            • woodswoman
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                Yes..winter backpacking and dayhiking

                ***Gail***

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                  > It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
                  > is only 4 months away.
                  > Ralph
                  I'm with Ralph - very interested, but a problem with the seasons.
                  It was 45.8 C here a couple of days ago.

                  Cheers
                • Jamie D.
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                    We don't have winter in Phoenix, so yes, I dayhike 4-5 days a week all winter. Would love to test something.

                    Jamie DeBenedetto
                  • Coy Boy
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                      I will be day hiking all winter long. also a few overnights when I can squeeze them in.

                      Coy Boy
                      PS also riding my road and mtb in the winter. I know it's not backpacking but it can show versatility in gear.

                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                      > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                      > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                      > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                      >

                      > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                      > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                      > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                      > backpacking gear.
                      >

                      > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                      > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                      > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                      > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                      > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                      > product we should sign up.
                      >

                      > Thanks for all of you!
                      >
                      > Kathy

                    • Mark Thompson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 20, 2013
                        Sorry for the late response, I was out playing in the woods.  Mt Audubon yesterday (12 miles, 3,000'+ elevation gain, summit at 13,200) and ice climbing today at Hidden Falls, Rocky Mtn National Park.

                        so, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
                          Well, do you count "winter" in South Carolina? :-) I take that back... Two years ago it snowed three times here! I will be taking lots of day hikes and a couple of backpacking trips. I will also be riding my bike (not bp, but still weather related).

                          Dawn

                          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                          > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                          > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                          > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                          >

                          > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                          > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                          > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                          > backpacking gear.
                          >

                          > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                          > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                          > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                          > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                          > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                          > product we should sign up.
                          >

                          > Thanks for all of you!
                          >
                          > Kathy

                        • cdaignault
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 22, 2013
                            I'm with Jamie (not physically -- but Florida doesn't have much of a winter either).

                            -- Chari