It's ORWM 2013 TIME!

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
      John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
      mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
      where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.

      I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
      base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
      hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
      backpacking gear.

      Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
      help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
      don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
      quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
      for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
      product we should sign up.

      Thanks for all of you!

    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
        Yes, I will apply for winter gear :)

        Brett Haydin

        "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
        can be accomplished when no one
        cares who gets the credit."

        To: BackpackGearTesters@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
          I will apply for winter dayhiking gear.
          Andrea
        • alex
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
            Yes! Erin and I are looking forward to applying for winter gear! Thank you!!

            -Alex Legg

            tdoor Retailer Winter Market
            > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-201
            >

            > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
            > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
            > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
            > backpacking gear.
            >

            > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
            > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
            > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
            > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
            > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
            > product we should sign up.
            >

            > Thanks for all of you!
            >
            > Kathy

          • Nancy Griffith
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
              Count me in for day or overnight winter gear.

              Nancy

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jan 18, 2013, at 7:04 AM, "Kathy Waters" <kathy@...> wrote:

              > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
              > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
              > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
              >
              > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
              > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
              > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
              > backpacking gear.
              >
              > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
              > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
              > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
              > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
              > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
              > product we should sign up.
              >
              > Thanks for all of you!
              >
              > Kathy

            • Derek Hansen
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                "Yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear."

                ~derek

                On Jan 18, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Kathy Waters <kathy@...> wrote:

                > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                >

                > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                > backpacking gear.
                >

                > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                > product we should sign up.
                >

                > Thanks for all of you!
                >
                > Kathy

              • Ray
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                  Asolutely! (Frostbitten hand in the frigid air.)

                  Ray

                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                  > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                  > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                  > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                  >

                  > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                  > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                  > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                  > backpacking gear.
                  >

                  > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                  > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                  > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                  > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                  > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                  > product we should sign up.
                  >

                  > Thanks for all of you!
                  >
                  > Kathy

                • Brian Hartman
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                    Safe travels Kathy...  and count me in as well for winter gear.

                    Brian

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                      Count me as a YES for applying for winter gear!
                      Theresa

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                        Yes I do winter backpacks leading groups of newbies but it is the wrong
                        season for you. It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
                        is only 4 months away.

                        Ralph

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                          Count me in for winter gear.

                          Ryan
                        • Lori Pontious
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                            I am backpacking in winter - going for a SAR training in the snow tomorrow - and have an overnight or two planned before the melt starts in April-ish.

                            However, I have been slammed to the mat with work drama and more work, resulting in lateness all around in personal stuff (you don't want to know what the house looks like!) and reviews. I am valiantly attempting to get back on top of things tho.

                            Lori

                            On Jan 18, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Ralph Ditton <rdassets@...> wrote:

                            > Yes I do winter backpacks leading groups of newbies but it is the wrong
                            > season for you. It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
                            > is only 4 months away.
                            >
                            > Ralph

                          • woodswoman
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 18, 2013
                              Yes..winter backpacking and dayhiking

                              ***Gail***

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                                > It is winter here but summer in the US. My start of winter
                                > is only 4 months away.
                                > Ralph
                                I'm with Ralph - very interested, but a problem with the seasons.
                                It was 45.8 C here a couple of days ago.

                                Cheers
                              • Jamie D.
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                                  We don't have winter in Phoenix, so yes, I dayhike 4-5 days a week all winter. Would love to test something.

                                  Jamie DeBenedetto
                                • Coy Boy
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 19, 2013
                                    I will be day hiking all winter long. also a few overnights when I can squeeze them in.

                                    Coy Boy
                                    PS also riding my road and mtb in the winter. I know it's not backpacking but it can show versatility in gear.

                                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                                    > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                                    > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                                    > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                                    >

                                    > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                                    > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                                    > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                                    > backpacking gear.
                                    >

                                    > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                                    > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                                    > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                                    > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                                    > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                                    > product we should sign up.
                                    >

                                    > Thanks for all of you!
                                    >
                                    > Kathy

                                  • Mark Thompson
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 20, 2013
                                      Sorry for the late response, I was out playing in the woods.  Mt Audubon yesterday (12 miles, 3,000'+ elevation gain, summit at 13,200) and ice climbing today at Hidden Falls, Rocky Mtn National Park.

                                      so, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
                                        Well, do you count "winter" in South Carolina? :-) I take that back... Two years ago it snowed three times here! I will be taking lots of day hikes and a couple of backpacking trips. I will also be riding my bike (not bp, but still weather related).

                                        Dawn

                                        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Waters" wrote:

                                        > John and I (and the rest of the OR team) are headed, once again, to that
                                        > mecca of outdoor gear junkies known as the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
                                        > where we will be previewing "what's new" for winter 2013-2014.
                                        >

                                        > I'm looking for a quick show of hands of those of you who actively backpack,
                                        > base/car camp or dayhike (not hour-long strolls with the kids, but DAY
                                        > hikes) in the winter and would be interested in applying for winter
                                        > backpacking gear.
                                        >

                                        > Since I am really pressed for time this weekend before ORWM starts, please
                                        > help me out with quick, short responses. You needn't respond with why you
                                        > don't winter backpack or that you wish you could winter backpack, just a
                                        > quick "yes, I will apply for winter backpacking gear" or "yes, I will apply
                                        > for winter camping gear, " OK? I'm just trying to get an idea of how much
                                        > product we should sign up.
                                        >

                                        > Thanks for all of you!
                                        >
                                        > Kathy

                                      • cdaignault
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jan 22, 2013
                                          I'm with Jamie (not physically -- but Florida doesn't have much of a winter either).

                                          -- Chari