Edit: FR - GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle - Mark Thompson

  • Lori Pontious
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2013
      Hi Mark,

      Sorry about the delay of game.

      Nice report - good clear pictures. It's a little short, but with some good details.

      On Jan 5, 2013, at 6:56 PM, Mark Thompson <markthompson242@...> wrote:

      > Although not surprising, it was not compatible with stoves that are designed to fit a specific pot like those using heat exchangers.

      Edit: As this sentence is written it seems to suggest on first read that "like those using heat exchangers" is a modifier of stoves, not the pot. Someone unfamiliar with where the heat exchanger is supposed to go may misread. I suggest a slight reword, perhaps "with stoves designed to work with pots featuring heat exchangers."

      > however, the lid does not incorporate a camming feature on the lid handle which makes it difficult to remove the lid when the lid is hot or when wearing gloves.

      Edit: I'm going to suggest here a little bit more just to make it really clear that the reason it's difficult to remove the lid is that the handle doesn't stay upright. Your call, though.

      > The kettle did perform rather well with the ominous task of melting snow and then raising to a boil.

      Question: Did you perhaps mean arduous? Ominous is "to give the impression something bad is about to happen."

      Don't forget to delete the draft from the test folder - see you in a couple months.

      Lori