EDIT: FR - Gerber Instant Knife - Alex Legg

  • Jamie D.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hi Alex,

      I looked over your HTML version and all your pics and links look good. Found a few things for you to address, when you're done upload away.
      My edit, suggestions and comments are marked with ## just below a snip of your words.

      Thanks.
      Jamie D.
      Gerber Instant Knife Monitor
      You - I took an overnight trip to the Santa Rita mountains in Coronado National Forest. The elevation ranged from 4,500 ft to 7080 ft (1,370 m to 2,158 m) and the temperature ranged from 15 F to 45 F (-9 C to 7 C).

      ## Edit – Mountains needs to be capitalized
      ##Edit – please add at least the state to your NF locations (do the Wilderness of Rocks one too please). This helps the non-locals know where you were.
      ##Edit – 7,080
      You - Then I had to carry the knife in my pocket loosely.

      ##Edit – extra space between "to" and "carry"
      ##Comment – Bummer about the clip and the thumb plunge breaking btw. I tested a Gerber knife last year. Although mine didn't break but I definitely knew it was made in China if you know what I mean.
      You - I spend about ten minutes trying to find the plunge in the dirt.

      ##Edit – spent
      You - This came after several emails were only answered with the stock message altering me that they had indeed received a message from me.

      ##Edit – alerting
      You - This along with the blade being numbered and looking as if it has been recently sharpened leads me to my belief that the knife may be a refurbished product.

      ##Suggestion – The theme of this sentence is repeated in the previous few lines and again in your summary, I'd suggest removing it or rewording to complete this paragraph.
      ##Question? – Does the belt clip on the replacement knife seem any better than the previous? You didn't mention anything about the clip when referencing the new knife.
    • alex
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2013
        Jamie,

        Thank you for your edits. I have made all corrections and uploaded to the BGT site! See you in a couple months.

        -Alex Legg

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2013
          Thank you Alex but I think you missed a small edit. It's the comma in 7080 on your Santa Rita Mtns trip.

          Thanks,
          Jamie D

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 12, 2013
            Hi Jamie,

            You are correct, I missed that one. Sorry about that, I'm not sure how I missed it. At any rate, I have corrected it and uploaded to the BGT site again. Thanks!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2013
              Excellent Alex. Thank you.