Edit - FR Outdoor Products Amphibian - Derek Hansen

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
      Derek,

      Another excellent report and photo spread, all three of you are handing me an easy job. A few edits, in the usual format; after revising you're cleared to upload.

      See you in March.

      Richard

      <<Nov 2-3: Upper Lake Mary, Arizona. I joined the older boy scouts on a short 4 mi (10 km) "backpacking" trip near Lake Mary.>>
      Edit/Comment: Any reason for the quotation marks?

      <<Elevation was 7,000 ft (2,00 m).>>
      EDIT: (2,000 m) Here and in four other places.

      <<Nov 24: Picture Canyon, Flagstaff, Arizona. I went on a 4 mi (10 km) day hike with my kids. >>
      EDIT: (6 km)

      <<I have really enjoyed using the Amphibian pack, especially when I pushed it's limits on a backpacking trip >>
      EDIT: its limits [no apostrophe]

      <<For the most part, the pack rode fine on my back and simple adjustments to the shoulder straps would eleviate any discomfort. >>
      EDIT: alleviate [spelling]

      << The other thing I noticed on this trail run is that the sternum strap is at its maximum expansion and I could feel my chest tightening when I was breathing.>>
      Edit/Comment: Consider adding your chest measurement, either here or in the Tester Information section. Maximum expansion of the sternum strap is useful information, and providing the capacity you supply would help quantify it.
    • richardglyon@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
        Derek, full text below. Richard

[...]

        Edit/Comment: Consider adding your chest measurement, either here or in the Tester Information section. Maximum expansion of the sternum strap is useful information, and providing the capacity you supply would quantify it.

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon@..." wrote:

        > Derek,
        >
        > Another excellent report and photo spread, all three of you are handing me an easy job. A few edits, in the usual format; after revising you're cleared to upload.
        >
        > See you in March.
        >
        > Richard
        >
        > < >
        > Edit/Comment: Any reason for the quotation marks?
        >
        > < >
        > EDIT: (2,000 m) Here and in four other places.
        >
        > < >
        > EDIT: (6 km)
        >
        > <<i>>
        > EDIT: its limits [no apostrophe]
        >
        > < >
        > EDIT: alleviate [spelling]
        >
        > << The other thing I noticed on this trail run is that the sternum strap is at its maximum expansion and I could feel my chest tightening when I was breathing.>>
        > Edit/Comment: Consider adding your chest measurement, either here or in the Tester Information section. Maximum expansion of the sternum strap is useful information, and providing the capacity you supply would help quantify it.

        </i>
      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2013
          Thanks again Richard.

          The quotes around "backpacking" was an inside joke, now that I look at it. The older scouts invited me to join them backpacking without disclosing the trail or destination. I was up for the challenge, but when I discovered we were done after only a few miles/km, I was disappointed and ribbed the boys for taking it so easy. But, the truth is, I've gone backpacking with low mileage before, so the quotes aren't really helpful or meaningful except to me.

          I removed the quotes, but thought you might like to know.

          ~derek