Edit: LTR - Black Diamond Mercury 75L - Justin Potts

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
      Hi Justin,

      Good to hear you enjoyed the pack. It would have been nice to see a pic or two of it in action over the course of the four months. I have your edits below, correct them and you are good to go.

      See you down the trail,

      Ray

      *** So with whate'er like this, this late in the year, of course I had to get out in it as much as I could.

      EDIT: I think you meant to write "So with weather", correct?

      *** So I fit inside this pack; basic backpacking gear (tent, sleep system, cookset, stove, food, water etc...) for myself and my girlfriend, as well as all of our climbing gear,

      Edit: this just reads very awkwardly. Maybe lose the "So I fit inside this pack" and start it with, My normal pack load on our trips together consist of…

      Needless to say, I finally filled this pack completely.

      Comment: Ha, love it. Marry her and have a couple of kids and you will be carrying a 110 L pack. ;-)

      *** Now that being said, the Manufacturer's website lists the recommended usage at 50 lb (23 kg).

      EDIT: no cap for "manufacturer's"

      *** Perhaps I will mention that the sheer volume of this pack is slightly excessive.

      Edit: if you want to criticize it for being too large that is fine but maybe clarify it by saying that it is too large for what you need/carry or something like that. In winter that is as small of a pack as I use and sometimes I use much more.

      I will continue to use this pack when I take my niece and nephews out because they are still a bit to young and small to be able to carry all of their own gear and still be able to enjoy backpacking.

      EDIT: a bit "too" young"
      And good on you there. Make it enjoyable now and hopefully they will love it down the road.

      ***Other than that, I cannot forsee another time that I will get this pack close to full.

      EDIT: foresee

      *** Now it does take a little bit of time, patience, and tinkering to get it set properly.

      Edit: I would drop the "Now"
    • Justin Potts
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2012
        Ray,

        Sorry for the late upload, took a bit of time to find pictures of the pack in use. Apparently I don't take pictures of my back very often (strange I know) so I got a couple from some friends that show the pack. Anyway, I uploaded the edited report here: http://tinyurl.com/bhrs7fk and took care of the clean up in the test folder.

        Finals are over and break has started,
        Headed back to the trails,

        Catch you around the bend,

        -Justin Potts
        -Pottsy

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2012
          Thanks for the pics, that makes it a lot better.

          Yeah I would always have Dave take pictures of me with whatever gear I was testing at the time. Now that I am 85% solo I am getting very good at using the self-timer function on my camera. The hard part is finding a place to set it.

          Ray