REMINDER T EST CALL – Weapon X is here!

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
      Just a reminder that this test call is still out there; set to close tomorrow night. These are insulated boots, arriving just in time for the winter months! To date, I have only received an app from Mike Pearl. Brush off that Turkey Slog and get those pencils going!

      Brett Haydin

      "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
      can be accomplished when no one
      cares who gets the credit."

      > To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      > From: bhaydin@...
      > Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:56:53 -0700
      > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] TEST CALL � Weapon X is here!
      >

      > Our good friends at Wolverine
      > are offering up the Gauge Boots to three lucky men. Sorry ladies, I am sure
      > your turn will come! The Gauge Boots are insulated and waterproof boots and we
      > would love to see three testers put these through the wringer!
      >

      > These boots are built to take
      > a beating with an abrasion resistant mesh; I�m not sure that adamantium claws
      > would cut through these� Don�t delay and get your applications in early and
      > often!
      >

      > Check them out here: http://tinyurl.com/a85hqut
      >

      > Wolverine is a great manufacturer and I suspect these won�t disappoint so I
      > expect to see a lot of quality (and brief) applications for these boots. I�m
      > looking for short apps that have the following:
      >

      > 1. The opening disclaimer for testing
      >
      > 2. Your bio, including any measurements specific to the test
      >
      > 3. A brief test plan; just enough to demonstrate that you understand the
      >
      > product, where/how you will be testing it and how you will meet the minimum requirements
      > of backpacking use.
      >
      > 4. A list of what you are now testing and a link to tester page
      >
      > 5. Number of ORs in the past 12 months (not including your initial 2
      >
      > 6. Any apps you have outstanding. Please note if you have a preference if there
      > is one that conflicts with this one.
      >
      > 7. Any additional BGT roles you play (mentor, manager, director, etc.)
      >

      > US shipping is included.
      >
      > Richard is the Test Director
      >
      > Does NOT count for Newbie Limit � get those apps in.
      >
      > This is the 3 Report format
      > and you must meet minimum requirements
      >

      > Also, don't forget to cc me at bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com so your app doesn't get
      > lost!
      >

      > Please include 'Wolverine Gauge� in the subject line.
      >

      > This call will close November 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM MST.
      >

      > Brett Haydin

    • zuzismom
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2012
        Question, are these just men's boots?

        Shelley

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brett Haydin <bhaydin@...> wrote:

        > Just a reminder that this test call is still out there; set to close tomorrow night. These are insulated boots, arriving just in time for the winter months! To date, I have only received an app from Mike Pearl. Brush off that Turkey Slog and get those pencils going!
        >
        > Brett Haydin

        > "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
        > can be accomplished when no one
        > cares who gets the credit."
        >

        > > To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
        > > From: bhaydin@...
        > > Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:56:53 -0700
        > > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] TEST CALL – Weapon X is here!
        > >

        > > Our good friends at Wolverine
        > > are offering up the Gauge Boots to three lucky men. Sorry ladies, I am sure
        > > your turn will come! The Gauge Boots are insulated and waterproof boots and we
        > > would love to see three testers put these through the wringer!
        > >

        > > These boots are built to take
        > > a beating with an abrasion resistant mesh; I'm not sure that adamantium claws
        > > would cut through these… Don't delay and get your applications in early and
        > > often!
        > >

        > > Check them out here: http://tinyurl.com/a85hqut
        > >

        > > Wolverine is a great manufacturer and I suspect these won't disappoint so I
        > > expect to see a lot of quality (and brief) applications for these boots. I'm
        > > looking for short apps that have the following:
        > >

        > > 1. The opening disclaimer for testing
        > >
        > > 2. Your bio, including any measurements specific to the test
        > >
        > > 3. A brief test plan; just enough to demonstrate that you understand the
        > >
        > > product, where/how you will be testing it and how you will meet the minimum requirements
        > > of backpacking use.
        > >
        > > 4. A list of what you are now testing and a link to tester page
        > >
        > > 5. Number of ORs in the past 12 months (not including your initial 2
        > >
        > > 6. Any apps you have outstanding. Please note if you have a preference if there
        > > is one that conflicts with this one.
        > >
        > > 7. Any additional BGT roles you play (mentor, manager, director, etc.)
        > >

        > > US shipping is included.
        > >
        > > Richard is the Test Director
        > >
        > > Does NOT count for Newbie Limit – get those apps in.
        > >
        > > This is the 3 Report format
        > > and you must meet minimum requirements
        > >

        > > Also, don't forget to cc me at bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com so your app doesn't get
        > > lost!
        > >

        > > Please include 'Wolverine Gauge' in the subject line.
        > >

        > > This call will close November 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM MST.
        > >

        > > Brett Haydin

      • Ray
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2012
          "Our good friends at Wolverine are offering up the Gauge Boots to three lucky men. Sorry ladies, I am sure your turn will come!"

          Ray

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2012
            As Ray pointed out, this is a men's-only test. Hopefully some other men will submit some apps (hint, hint) so we can get this test rolling on time!

            To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
            From: backpack@...
            Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:14:45 +0000
            Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Re: REMINDER TEST CALL � Weapon X is here!

            Question, are these just men's boots?

            Shelley

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brett Haydin <bhaydin@...> wrote:

            > Just a reminder that this test call is still out there; set to close tomorrow night. These are insulated boots, arriving just in time for the winter months! To date, I have only received an app from Mike Pearl. Brush off that Turkey Slog and get those pencils going!

            > Brett Haydin

            > "Teamwork: It's amazing how much

            > can be accomplished when no one

            > cares who gets the credit."

            > > To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

            > > From: bhaydin@...

            > > Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:56:53 -0700

            > > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] TEST CALL � Weapon X is here!

            > > Our good friends at Wolverine

            > > are offering up the Gauge Boots to three lucky men. Sorry ladies, I am sure

            > > your turn will come! The Gauge Boots are insulated and waterproof boots and we

            > > would love to see three testers put these through the wringer!

            > > These boots are built to take

            > > a beating with an abrasion resistant mesh; I'm not sure that adamantium claws

            > > would cut through these� Don't delay and get your applications in early and

            > > often!

            > > Check them out here: http://tinyurl.com/a85hqut

            > > Wolverine is a great manufacturer and I suspect these won't disappoint so I

            > > expect to see a lot of quality (and brief) applications for these boots. I'm

            > > looking for short apps that have the following:

            > > 1. The opening disclaimer for testing

            > > 2. Your bio, including any measurements specific to the test

            > > 3. A brief test plan; just enough to demonstrate that you understand the

            > > product, where/how you will be testing it and how you will meet the minimum requirements

            > > of backpacking use.

            > > 4. A list of what you are now testing and a link to tester page

            > > 5. Number of ORs in the past 12 months (not including your initial 2

            > > 6. Any apps you have outstanding. Please note if you have a preference if there

            > > is one that conflicts with this one.

            > > 7. Any additional BGT roles you play (mentor, manager, director, etc.)

            > > US shipping is included.

            > > Richard is the Test Director

            > > Does NOT count for Newbie Limit � get those apps in.

            > > This is the 3 Report format

            > > and you must meet minimum requirements

            > > Also, don't forget to cc me at bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com so your app doesn't get

            > > lost!

            > > Please include 'Wolverine Gauge' in the subject line.

            > > This call will close November 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM MST.

            > > Brett Haydin

            > > "Teamwork: It's amazing how much

            > > can be accomplished when no one

            > > cares who gets the credit."

          • Brett Haydin
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 30, 2012
              I am heading out of town for a quick trip to WI, so I will extend the call through Monday Night (10 PM Mountain Standard Time). The holiday break is coming up, so don't hold out; get your boots now!
              Original call is below.