Application - Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      Shoe Size: 13 Mens
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Tucson, Arizona, USA
      I grew up backpacking in the Rockies.   I hike ranges throughout Arizona and Colorado year round.  I carry a light pack, mostly water.  I prefer a tarp shelter to my heavier 2-person tent.  I do many day hikes and I also spend as many as 5 days out at a time.  Temperatures range from below freezing to above 100 F (38 C), and elevations from 2,000 ft to 14,000 ft (610 m to 4, 300 m).  I bag a mountain almost every weekend, and I walk my dogs 4 miles daily through deep sand and overgrown mesquite trees in our local washes.

      Test Plan:
      I generally wear multiple base layers instead of carrying a fleece or a jacket on backpacking trips. They tend to be lighter and pack down smaller than other warm options. I will be testing these base layers on many overnight trips into the Sky Island mountains of southern Arizona as well as on a planned trip to Colorado this winter. I will be in elevations from 6,000 ft to above 8,000 ft for the majority of the trips. I expect to see temperatures from 50 F to below freezing with rain sleet and snow. I will report back on how warm the base layers are on their own as well as an under layer. I am looking to see how comfortable the fit is and how durable fabric is. I want to see if the rib cuffs get worn out and stretched out over time.

      Current test load: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (LTR stage), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (LTR stage). Gerber Instant Knife (FR stage), 180 Tack Stove (FR stage)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year: 10
      Link to reviews/tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: None at this time.
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!