APPLICATIO N - Coldpr uf Eco-Ter ra Base La yer – Bret t Haydin

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
      Mike,

      1) Please accept my application to test
      the Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609)
      including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the reporting
      terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file. I will
      have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

      ------

      2) Bio

      Name: Brett Haydin

      Age: 39

      Gender: Male

      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)Send

      Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

      Torso: 44 in (112 cm)

      Waist: 36 in (91 cm)

      Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com

      Location: Denver, Colorado USA

      Backpacking
      Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being
      involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at a
      summer camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I
      now generally take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous
      terrain, although I have extensive experience in the upper Midwest as
      well. I take one or two longer trips each year, where I typically carry
      about 40 lb (18 kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable, but I have
      taken lightweight trips as well.

      ------

      3) Test Plan
      Over the testing period I
      will take roughly two trips per month ranging from 1-2 nights. My winter camping takes me to the top
      of 14,000 ft. (4,267 m) peaks as well as high alpine lakes, just for
      kicks! My plans will take me to several base camp locations near several
      peaks where I will hike, summit, descend and repeat. I�ll see
      snow, high winds and temperatures as low as 0 F (-18 C) but perhaps as high as 70 F (21 C)
      along steep trails, scree slopes and all sorts of nasty environments. Hiking
      in the Rocky Mountains makes me sweat, even in the winter. Having a good base layer is essential to having
      a good experience. I like that these are
      rated for cold conditions, as I may see much colder temperatures with wind-chill
      factored in! I like my base layers to fit snug, but not be too confining. I�m also interested to see if they retain
      odors and how well the fabric holds up over time.

      ------

      4) Current Tests
      and Stage (2):

      - Honey Stinger Waffles (LTR due 3/5/13)

      - Obermeyer Kestral Jacket (FR due 1/18/13)

      Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1823.htm

      5) OR�s completed in
      past year: 3

      Link to all