APPLICATION- COLDPRUF ECO-TERRA BASE LAYERS-STEVE KIDD
- 1. Please accept my application to test the Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.
2. NAME: Steven M. Kidd
LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
WEIGHT: 187 lb (85 kg)
3. Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. I
backpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,
while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average less than 20 lbs (9
kg) in the backcountry.
4. Test Plan: I've lost 60 lbs in the last four months, thus I've had to replace my entire wardrobe to include outdoor gear. I'm very interested in trying these base layers. I certainly need a set and I do the bulk of my backpacking in cooler temperatures. I generally do outings in the elevations of the Cumberland Plateau with subfreezing temperatures. At one point I migrated away from wool, even merino. It was simply too scratchy for me. Modern combing and the fact this is only 30% wool should aid in this, but a key to me will be the comfort question. I hammock camp now, so I always wear a base layer to bed at or around freezing temperatures due to wind circulation physics. Will these "cold" level layers be warm enough? How well do they wick? These would be me key three questions with a 4th being how much do they actually weigh? I couldn't find this on the website, and I'm not a gram weenie, but I am conscious of the weight of my gear. I'm excited to try these and certainly hope I'm given the opportunity to test them. Thank you for considering my application.
5. Previous Tests/OR's: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ftroop94
6. Test Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm
7. OR's Completed in Last Year: 4
8. Current Test Load: NONE
9. Outstanding applications: Montbell Highlander Jacket
10. BGT Roles: Monitor
Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd 11-26-2012