TEST CALL CLOSING - Who's On First?

  • Mike Pearl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
      It's the bottom of the ninth and this call closes tomorrow night.  Don't miss out on testing TWO items in one series!

      Thank you to Mark Thompson and Ryan Christensen for your applications.
      Mike

      The call once more-

      Hey guys do you have all your bases covered?  Coldpruf wants to double you up with top and bottom Eco-Terra Base Layers.  Sorry Ladies this one is for the Men ONLY.

      Features- Single layer raschel knit- 70% recycled
      performance polyester / 30% merino wool- True sizing accurate fit

      Link to items
      Info Crew: http://www.coldpruf.com/products/eco/eco-eco-terra-mens-crew-31.html
      Pants: http://www.coldpruf.com/products/eco/eco-eco-terra-mens-pants-32.html

      TEST PARTICULARS
      - US shipping included
      - No Newbie limit
      - ONE combined THREE Report Test Series
      (IR,FR,LTR) thoroughly covering each of the two items
      - Nancy is the Test Director

      APPLICATION INGREDIENTS
      - Subject line: APPLICATION
      - Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers
      - Your Name- Testing disclaimer and Tester Bio
      - Test Plan (Who, What, How, Why & Where)
      - Links to Test Report and Tester Status Pages
      - Number of OR's in the last 12 months
      - Current Test underway
      - Other Apps submitted
      - Any BGT roles

      This test call will close at midnight (MST), Tuesday, November 27, 2012.

      Please Cc me (mikepearl36 AT yahoo DOT com).

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
        Mike,

        1) Please accept my application to test
        the Coldpruf Eco-Terra Base Layers. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609)
        including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the reporting
        terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file. I will
        have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

        ------

        2) Bio

        Name: Brett Haydin

        Age: 39

        Gender: Male

        Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)Send

        Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

        Torso: 44 in (112 cm)

        Waist: 36 in (91 cm)

        Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com

        Location: Denver, Colorado USA

        Backpacking
        Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being
        involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at a
        summer camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I
        now generally take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous
        terrain, although I have extensive experience in the upper Midwest as
        well. I take one or two longer trips each year, where I typically carry
        about 40 lb (18 kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable, but I have
        taken lightweight trips as well.

        ------

        3) Test Plan
        Over the testing period I
        will take roughly two trips per month ranging from 1-2 nights. My winter camping takes me to the top
        of 14,000 ft. (4,267 m) peaks as well as high alpine lakes, just for
        kicks! My plans will take me to several base camp locations near several
        peaks where I will hike, summit, descend and repeat. I�ll see
        snow, high winds and temperatures as low as 0 F (-18 C) but perhaps as high as 70 F (21 C)
        along steep trails, scree slopes and all sorts of nasty environments. Hiking
        in the Rocky Mountains makes me sweat, even in the winter. Having a good base layer is essential to having
        a good experience. I like that these are
        rated for cold conditions, as I may see much colder temperatures with wind-chill
        factored in! I like my base layers to fit snug, but not be too confining. I�m also interested to see if they retain
        odors and how well the fabric holds up over time.

        ------

        4) Current Tests
        and Stage (2):

        - Honey Stinger Waffles (LTR due 3/5/13)

        - Obermeyer Kestral Jacket (FR due 1/18/13)

        Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1823.htm

        5) OR�s completed in
        past year: 3

        Link to all