RE: Application - Wolverine Gauge - Mike Pearl

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2012
      Thanks Mike, got it!

      Brett Haydin

      "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
      can be accomplished when no one
      cares who gets the credit."

      Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 05:41:50 -0800
      From: mikepearl36@...
      Subject: Application - Wolverine Gauge - Mike Pearl
      To: BackpackGearTesters@yahoogroups.com
      CC: bhaydin@...

      Please accept my application to test the Wolverine Gauge Boots. I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide
      v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. I have signed and submitted the Tester Agreement.^Name: Mike PearlEmail: mikepearl36ATyahooDOTcomAge: 38Location: Hanover, New Hampshire, USAGender: MHeight: 5' 9"
      (1.75 m\)Weight: 155 lb (70.30 kg)^Shoe Size: 9^I have a great appreciation for the outdoors and get out at every opportunity. I am a three-season backpacker and year round hiker. Currently, my trips are two to three days long as well as an annual week long trip. I utilize the abundant trail shelters in my locale and pack a backup tarp-tent. I like to cover big distances while still taking in the views. I have lightweight leanings but function
      and reliability are the priority. I mostly travel woodland mountain terrain but enjoy hiking beautiful trails anywhere.^The cold temps are settling in here in New Hampshire. The snow (fingers crossed) is sure to follow. I would enjoy testing the waterproof and insulating qualities of these boots. The average winter temps of 20 F (-6 C) and average snowfall of 62 in (158 cm) in elevations from 760 to 4,800 ft (230 to 1460 m) provide a great playground. In addition I would like to see how the soles handle cold and snowy and/or icy conditions. Also how compatible these boots are with snowshoes or other traction devices.

      ^
      I am not a winter camper. However I will pack all necessary gear for an unexpected night out on bigger day hikes.
      ^My Test Summary Page at: http://www.backpackgeartest. org/tester_reviews/mike% 20pearl^I have completed 3 ORs in the last 12 months. I
      have 2 test underway, Hoorag LTR due 1/8/13, Amphibian Weather Defense Pack FR due
      1/8/12.^My Test Status Page at: http://teststatus. backpackgeartest.org/T1884.htm^I have one other application in for
      Hillsound Armadillo Gaiters. My BGT roles include Test Monitor and Test Call Manager.^Thank you for considering my
      application,Mike