APPLICATION - Slipstream Jacket – Kathryn Montovan

  • Katie Sullivan Montovan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the ISIS Slipstream Jacket. I have
      read the Bylaws of

      BackpackGearTest.org v0609 (on March 21, 2012) including Chapter 5 and
      agree to comply with all requirements as a tester. My signed tester
      agreement is on file. I understand that this is a 3-report test series.

      *TESTER INFO:*

      Name: Kathryn Montovan

      Location: Groton, New York, USA

      Height: 5' 5� (1.65 m)

      Weight: 150 lb (68 kg)

      I have been backpacking, climbing, kayaking, canoeing and winter camping
      for over 10 years. My excursions are mostly weekend and occasionally
      weeklong backpacking and kayaking trips in the wooded and often wet,
      rolling terrain of western New York. I usually tarp camp with a small to
      large group. In general, I strive for a compact and light pack and value
      well made and durable gear. I also spend a lot of time day hiking with my
      dog.

      *Brief Test Plan: *Winter is starting here in upstate New York and
      hopefully we will get a good, cold, snowy winter that would make testing
      this jacket an enjoyable adventure. I hike, snowshoe, cross country ski,
      and play in the woods all winter long and would have lots of opportunities
      to put this jacket to the test in a range of conditions: cold, wet, snowy,
      dry, and windy, both during outdoor activity and inactivity. Typically
      winters in the Finger lakes region of New York are between 10F and 45F
      (-12C to 7C), with common but highly unpredictable snow, rain, ice, and
      wind. I am planning to go on a few 1-2 night trips in the next 4 months
      (hopefully to include at lease one winter camping trip in below freezing
      conditions), but most of the testing would be during day hikes and day-long
      outdoor adventures. I cannot guarantee 5 nights in the field this winter
      but can guarantee that I would test the durability, warmth, water
      repellancy, and design of this jacket during a wide range of uses and
      conditions.

      *Previous Reports:* http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/sull0294

      *Tester Status Page:* http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1907.html

      *OR's in the last 12 months*: 5 (3 BP)

      *Current Tests:* GSI Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle LTR due March 12, 2013
      *Current Applications: *Heat Holders Thermal Socks, Montbell Highland Down
      Jacket (I would prefer the ISIS Jacket if I had a choice)

      *Current Roles:* None yet. I just made it through my first set of test
      series and am no longer a newbie.