APPLICATION - Heat Holder Socks – Kathryn Montovan

  • Katie Sullivan Montovan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the Heat Holder Socks. I have read the
      Bylaws of BackpackGearTest.org v0609 (on March 21, 2012) including Chapter
      5 and agree to comply with all requirements as a tester. My signed tester
      agreement is on file. I understand that this is a 3-report test series.

      *Brief Bio:*

      Name: Kathryn Montovan

      Location: Groton, New York, USA

      I have been backpacking, climbing, kayaking, canoeing and winter camping
      for over 10 years. My excursions are mostly weekend and occasionally
      weeklong backpacking and kayaking trips in the wooded and often wet,
      rolling terrain of western New York. I usually tarp camp with a small to
      large group. In general, I strive for a compact and light pack but value
      well made and durable gear over ultralight items. I also spend a lot of
      time day hiking with my dog.

      *Brief Test Plan:* My feet have been having problems with going numb
      quickly when they get cold, and I was highly intrigued my the
      manufacturer's claim for these socks that �you'll never get cold feet
      again�. This sounds amazing! With winter coming, my feet have already
      started going numb when I am around the house or active outside, and I
      would love to test the ability of these socks to keep even my feet warm.

      Winter is starting here in upstate New York and hopefully we will get a
      good, cold, snowy winter that would make testing these socks an enjoyable
      adventure. I hike, snowshoe, cross country ski, and play in the woods all
      winter long and would have lots of opportunities to put this socks to the
      test. I am planning to go on a couple 1-2 night trips in the next 4 months
      (hopefully to include at lease one winter camping trip in below freezing
      conditions), but most of the testing would be during day hikes and day-long
      outdoor adventures. I cannot guarantee 5 nights in the field this winter
      but can guarantee that I would test the durability, warmth, and design of
      this sucks through a variety of uses and conditions.

      *Previous Reports:* http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/sull0294

      *Tester Status Page: *http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1907.html

      *Number of OR's in the last 12 months:* 5 (3 BP)

      *Current Tests: *GSI Glacier Stainless Tea Kettle LTR due March 12, 2013
      *Current Applications: *Montebell Highland Jacket

      *Current Roles: *None yet. I just made it through my first set of test
      series and am no longer a newbie.