APPLICATION: Slipstream Jacket - Gail

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2012
      Derek,
      Please review my application to test the ISIS Slipstream Jacket.
      I have read and understood the current requirements in the Survival
      Guide Version 0609,and I agree to comply with all of these requirements
      as a tester particularly those stated in Chapter 4 and Chapter 5. I also
      have a signed tester agreement on file.

      Name: Gail Staisil
      Age: 60
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 152 lb (68 kg)
      Email: woodswoman2001 AT yahoo DOT com
      Location: Marquette, Michigan USA

      ------

      Test Strategy:

      During
      the long winter season I cross country ski or snowshoe most every day. I also winter camp. So far this season, I have a 5-day winter camping trip planned for January but I am sure there will be more long trips as well. I love the warmth of down and often envelope myself in it either before, during or after winter activities depending on the intensity of the session. For example, I often start skiing with a jacket in place and then stow it if I become too hot. I am especially interested in the water-resistant nature of this down jacket as it will surely be subject to falling snow. I never have to travel to find snow/cold as it is a certainty in this northern clime. Many other features will be closely examined including warmth,comfort,durability and much more.

      Temperatures will fluctuate but the next
      several months should be anywhere from 40 F (4 C) to around -20 F (-29
      C). Elevation is less than 2000 ft (610 m).

      ------

      Current Tests and Stage (2):

      - Chaco Tedinho Boots, IR completed
      - Sea to Summit Dry Daypack, IR in process

      Test Status Page:

      Many of my Completed Tests (72)
      and Owner Reviews (26) including 1 in the last year

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/isleroyalegirl

      Other
      Applications Pending:

      (0)

      Monitor (1 Currently):

      - Hoboroll (waiting for one very late report yet)

      Thanks for your consideration.

      Gail