APPLICATION - Hillsound Armadillo Gaiter - Dawn Larsen

  • vicioushillbilly
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the Hillsound Armadillo Gaiter. My test agreement was mailed 2 July 2008. I agree to comply with all the report requirements including Chapter 5 found in the BackpackGearTest. org bylaws v. 0609, which I most recently read on 11 October 2012.

      Name: Dawn Larsen
      Age: 52
      Gender: female
      Height: 5' 4" (163 cm)
      Weight: 155 lb (70 kg)
      Email address: vicioushillbilly AT gmail DOT com
      Florence, South Carolina USA
      Date: 20 November 2012

      Backpacking Background:
      I used to backpack in college a zillion years ago and just in the last few years have backpacked some private trails in Tennessee, Missouri and most recently South Carolina. I have been an avid car-camper for twelve years and I have kayak/canoe camped for five years, both in South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas. I use a lot of the same equipment for both. I hike hilly/rocky trails especially in Missouri (my home state) and Arkansas. I live in South Carolina and am checking out the terrain here with my nineteen year-old son.

      Test Plan
      I hike and camp a lot in South Carolina. I am the faculty sponsor for a university camping club and we try to get out once per month. We tend to camp and hike up to 100 miles from Florence, SC. I have a pair of boots that I use primarily in the winter that I would test these gaiters with. I have another pair of gaiters that I use all the time, but they make my legs sweat in warm weather and they fall down to my ankles all the time. I'd like to see how breathable these are. I'll also test for wear, waterproof-ness, comfort, fit, will they retain their elasticity and STAY UP.

      Tester Status page can be found at: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1845.htm

      Previously Written Reports can be found at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/vicioushillbilly

      Current tests:

      Suisse Sport McKinley Bag – LTR due 8 Janurary 2012
      Dahlgren Backpacking Socks – LTR due mid-March 2012

      NO applications out.

      No owner review in the past 12 months.

      Brand spankin new test manager – nothing in the works yet.

      Thank you for considering this application and thanks to Hillsound for providing the gaiters for testing – Dawn Larsen.