APPLICATION - Slipstream jacket - Lori Pontious

  • Lori Pontious
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
      Please accept my application to review the Slipstream down jacket. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

      Name: Lori Pontious
      Age: 45
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 163 (74 kg)
      email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
      location: Fresno County, California, USA

      I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly, several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a lightweight pack.

      Test Plan: I have backpacking trips scheduled out for the next four months to the coast and into the snowy (I hope!) mountains, as well as day trips. The Slipstream will likely be used as a mid-layer, under a shell in inclement weather and as a primary insulator in milder temperatures. I anticipate being out overnight in temperatures ranging from 40 - 10 F.

      I am interested to find out what a "zipper garage" will do for me, and find out if those invisible zip hand pockets really have invisible zips. More importantly, will the jacket be warm and toasty and comfortable, and withstand the stuffing and compression while backpacking?

      If selected, i would need a medium, and prefer either Dusk or Vixen (what fun color choices).

      My thanks to ISIS and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

      Current tests: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (LTR ), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (LTR ), ViewRanger GPS app (field testing), Chaco Tedinho Boots (FR due in two months), Sea to Summit mesh/dry bags (waiting for item to arrive)

      Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

      ORs in last year: 3

      Other test applications: Hillsound Armadillo Gaiters

      BGT involvement: monitor: GSI Kettle

    • Derek Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
        This call is now closed. Thanks to all who applied (you've made my job difficult!!):

        Frances P.
        Lori P.
        Theresa L.
        Gail S.
        Katie M.
        Erin H.

        If I missed your app, please tell me ASAP!

        Best,

        ~derek