APPLICATION - Slipstream Jacket – Frances Penn

  • fpenn@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2012
      Hi Derek: Please accept my application to test the Isis Slipstream Down Jacket. I have read Chapter 5 of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609 and I will follow all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Bio:
      Name: Frances Penn
      Age: 56
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
      Weight: 135 lb (61 kg)
      E-mail: fpenn AT sbcglobal DOT net
      Location: Costa Mesa, California, USA

      Backpacking background: I have been backpacking for five years mostly on long weekends in Southern California with one or two 5-day trips per year in the Sierras. My total daypack weight is usually 15 lb (7 kg) and my total backpack weight is usually 28-30 lb (13-14 kg). I am a tent camper and have experienced all night rain, heavy winds, camping in snow, but mostly fair weather.

      Test Plan: I plan to wear this jacket everyday that I am outdoors during the testing period this winter. I have many trips planned in snow conditions and will extensively test this jacket in every temperature and condition available (snow, wind, rain, etc.) I currently own a Patagonia Down sweater and find it warm in colder weather. I look forward to putting this jacket through its paces.

      Tester summary page: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/fpenntester

      Link to Tester Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1905.htm

      Current Test Load: I am currently testing the following items:
      Energizer - Carabiner LED Area Light >>> LTR DUE March 13, 2013 [2 report test]
      REPORT FOLDER: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/link2585.htm
      Honey Stinger - Organic Waffles >>> LTR DUE March 5, 2013 [2 report test]
      REPORT FOLDER: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/link2589.htm
      180 Tack,LLC - 180 STOVE >>> FR DUE Jan 08, 2013
      REPORT FOLDER: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/link2588.htm

      Current Applications: I have applied to test the Montbell Down Jacket and the Mountainsmith Trekking Poles.

      Owner Reviews: I have completed 2 ORs in the last year.

      Current role(s) at BGT: I hold no additional BGT roles. I am just enjoying testing all of the great gear available.