APPLICATION - Hillsound Armadillo Gaiter - Lori Pontious

  • Lori Pontious
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
      Please accept my application to review the Hillsound Armadillo Gaiters. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

      Name: Lori Pontious
      Age: 45
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 163 (74 kg)
      email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
      location: Fresno County, California, USA

      I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly, several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a lightweight pack.

      Test Plan: I have backpacking trips scheduled out for the next four months to the coast and into the snowy (I hope!) mountains, as well as day trips. My snow trips will be day snowshoe outings and several overnights. Winter training for search and rescue will also fall within the testing period, and potentially winter searches. Trail hiking on the coast involves quite a bit of encroaching brush, so long gaiters are a good thing to have. I am interested in finding out whether the Armadillos are up to the job - are they waterproof and breathable to keep my feet dry even while active in wet snow or underbrush? Will the straps hold together or come apart from the gaiter, or part under the beating beneath my boots?

      My thanks to Hillsound and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

      Current tests: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (LTR due in two months), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (LTR due in two months), ViewRanger GPS app (field testing), Chaco Tedinho Boots (FR due in two months), Sea to Summit mesh/dry bags (waiting for item to arrive)

      Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

      ORs in last year: 3

      Other test applications: none pending

      BGT involvement: monitor: GSI Kettle

    • Derek Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
        This call is now closed. Thanks to all who applied:

        Lori P.
        Dawn L.
        Ryan C.
        Mark T.
        Brett H.

        If I missed your app, please let me know ASAP.

        Best,

        ~derek