Application - Mountainsmith Trekking Poles - Erin Foudy

  • erinfoudy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the Mountainsmith Trekking Poles. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5 I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Info:
      Name: Erin Foudy
      Age: 32
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5'11'' (1.8 m)
      Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
      Email address: erinfoudyATyahooDOTcom
      City, State, Country: Tucson, Arizona, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I started backpacking while working for the National Park service ten years ago. I have been a backcountry ranger/law enforcement ranger and served on search and rescue crews. I typically take two or more camping trips a month, year round. I appreciate light weight, but am not obsessed by it. I often carry a 30 lb (14 kg) pack and stay out from three to nine days at a time. I also enjoy day trips with only water on my back. I take trips to Colorado and Montana in the summertime and enjoy the outdoors there as well.

      Test Plan:
      If selected this would be my first time owning or even trying hiking poles. I have always been extremely curious about hiking poles, as I have several hiking buddies who swear by them. I have been told that poles can aid your stamina when hiking uphill, allowing the user to comfortably hike longer as well as farther. When traveling down hill I am very interested in seeing if hiking poles will help stabilize me as I have had problems with weak ankles and knees.
      I will be taking many trips during this testing period. I have one to Colorado planned to do some backpacking and visit family. I will also be taking many trips up the local mountain ranges around Tucson, and some trips in the lower desert areas as well. There will be lots of rocky terrain and uneven paths. I will test the poles for durability and strength as well as weight and ease of use.

      I have 2 current test: Suisse Sport Mckinley Sleeping Bag ( LTR stage), View Ranger App (2 report test LTR stage), Honey Stingers (awaiting delivery)
      My tester status page is at: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1900.htm
      I have 3 OR's uploaded to the BGT site.
      My OR's can be viewed at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/erinfoudy
      I have 0 applications pending

      I have no additional BGT responsibilities.

      Thank you!