TEST CALL - Armadillo Gaiters

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
      Made from neither armadillos or alligators, but purported to protect against abrasion and slashes while being both breathable and wind/waterproof--introducing the Super Armadillo Nano Gaiters from Hillsound.

      Let the apps pile in!

      > http://hillsound.com/hillsound-product/super-armadillo-nano-gaiter/

      * Breathable, waterproof, and stretchy "SuperFabric"
      * Calf-high gaiters

      APPLICATION PARAMETERS

      Please include the following in your short but succinct application:

      1. Subject line: APPLICATION - Hillsound Armadillo Gaiter - Your Name
      2. The opening disclaimer for testing
      3. A brief personal bio
      4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate your understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
      5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
      6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      7. List any applications currently under consideration
      8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      TEST SPECIFICS
      * US & Canadian shipping included
      * Newbie limit does NOT apply
      * Curt is the Test Director

      This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, November 26, 2012.

      Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.

      73,

      ~derek
    • Lori Pontious
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
        Please accept my application to review the Hillsound Armadillo Gaiters. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

        Name: Lori Pontious
        Age: 45
        Gender: Female
        Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
        Weight: 163 (74 kg)
        email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
        location: Fresno County, California, USA

        I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly, several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a lightweight pack.

        Test Plan: I have backpacking trips scheduled out for the next four months to the coast and into the snowy (I hope!) mountains, as well as day trips. My snow trips will be day snowshoe outings and several overnights. Winter training for search and rescue will also fall within the testing period, and potentially winter searches. Trail hiking on the coast involves quite a bit of encroaching brush, so long gaiters are a good thing to have. I am interested in finding out whether the Armadillos are up to the job - are they waterproof and breathable to keep my feet dry even while active in wet snow or underbrush? Will the straps hold together or come apart from the gaiter, or part under the beating beneath my boots?

        My thanks to Hillsound and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

        Current tests: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (LTR due in two months), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (LTR due in two months), ViewRanger GPS app (field testing), Chaco Tedinho Boots (FR due in two months), Sea to Summit mesh/dry bags (waiting for item to arrive)

        Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

        ORs in last year: 3

        Other test applications: none pending

        BGT involvement: monitor: GSI Kettle

      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
          This call is now closed. Thanks to all who applied:

          Lori P.
          Dawn L.
          Ryan C.
          Mark T.
          Brett H.

          If I missed your app, please let me know ASAP.

          Best,

          ~derek