TEST CALL - Ladies: Bundle Up.

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
      BackpackGearTest.org is pleased to offer three (3) ladies the opportunity to test the Slipstream down jacket, courtesy of ISIS.

      > http://www.isisforwomen.com/p-751-slipstream-jacket.aspx

      * 800-fill-power down
      * Velvet lined collar
      * Zipper garage
      * Reverse coil front zip with no-snag draft flap
      * Invisible zip hand pockets
      * Internal mesh zip security pocket with snowflake earphone portal
      * Lycra® cuffs
      * Drawcord hem
      * Body length: 27 inches

      APPLICATION PARAMETERS

      Please include the following in your short but succinct application:

      1. Subject line: APPLICATION - Slipstream Jacket - Your Name
      2. The opening disclaimer for testing
      3. A brief personal bio
      4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate your understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
      5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
      6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      7. List any applications currently under consideration
      8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      TEST SPECIFICS
      * US shipping included
      * Newbie limit does NOT apply
      * Curt is the Test Director

      This test call will close at midnight (MST), Monday, November 26, 2012.

      Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.

      73,

      ~derek
    • Lori Pontious
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2012
        Please accept my application to review the Slipstream down jacket. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

        Name: Lori Pontious
        Age: 45
        Gender: Female
        Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
        Weight: 163 (74 kg)
        email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
        location: Fresno County, California, USA

        I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly, several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a lightweight pack.

        Test Plan: I have backpacking trips scheduled out for the next four months to the coast and into the snowy (I hope!) mountains, as well as day trips. The Slipstream will likely be used as a mid-layer, under a shell in inclement weather and as a primary insulator in milder temperatures. I anticipate being out overnight in temperatures ranging from 40 - 10 F.

        I am interested to find out what a "zipper garage" will do for me, and find out if those invisible zip hand pockets really have invisible zips. More importantly, will the jacket be warm and toasty and comfortable, and withstand the stuffing and compression while backpacking?

        If selected, i would need a medium, and prefer either Dusk or Vixen (what fun color choices).

        My thanks to ISIS and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

        Current tests: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (LTR ), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (LTR ), ViewRanger GPS app (field testing), Chaco Tedinho Boots (FR due in two months), Sea to Summit mesh/dry bags (waiting for item to arrive)

        Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

        ORs in last year: 3

        Other test applications: Hillsound Armadillo Gaiters

        BGT involvement: monitor: GSI Kettle

      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
          This call is now closed. Thanks to all who applied (you've made my job difficult!!):

          Frances P.
          Lori P.
          Theresa L.
          Gail S.
          Katie M.
          Erin H.

          If I missed your app, please tell me ASAP!

          Best,

          ~derek