APPLICATION - Heat Holder Socks - Charles Nichols

  • hikingshoes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the ¬ Heat Holder Socks. I have read chapter five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609 and I agree with all the requirements.

      Biographical Information:
      Name: Charles Nichols
      Age: 49
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5'11'' (1.80m)
      Weight: 218 lbs ( 98.90kg )
      Email address: hikingshoesATyahooDOTcom
      City, State, Country: Corinth, Mississippi, United States
      Date: 11/27/2012

      Backpacking Background:
      I've been hiking/backpacking close to 5 years, plus 22 years with the military. I have come to love hiking/backpacking. I have hiked sections of the Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. I started out with a 45 lb to 50 lb (20 to 23 kg) pack. After meeting other hikers using lighter gear has encouraged me to get lighter gear of my own. My current pack weight is 28 lb - 30 lb (13 to 14 kg) now.

      Test plan:
      I intend to test Heat Holder Socks several upcoming hiking/backpacking trips. I will be out for 2-3days/nights on the Appalachian Trail. The average temperature will be 27 Degrees Fahrenheit (15 Degrees Celsius), with an average elevation of 2,949Feet (899 Meters) above sea level. I will also be out for 2-3days/nights on the Pine Mountain Trail for this test as well. I will be using a tent on some of the test and hammock, tarp.

      Previously Written Reports:
      Owner Reviews:

      *Ursack Minor http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Bear%20Resistant%20Containers/Ursack%20Minor/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

      *GSI Outdoors Halulite Minimalist
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cook%20Sets/GSI%20Outdoors%20Halulite%20Minimalist/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

      Completed Tests: None at this time.
      Current Tests: None at this time.
      Tests you are Monitoring: None at this time.

      Thank you for your consideration,
      Charles Nichols
    • Derek Hansen
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
        Hold that turkey!

        Before you eat a slice, let's see some apps for these Heat Holder Socks! The deadline is Friday and so far I've only received ONE app.

        So, carve those pencils and send in those apps!

        ~derek

        On Nov 16, 2012, at 1:51 PM, Derek Hansen <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

        > Defeat your cold feet with a pair of thermal socks from Heat Holders!
        >
        >> http://www.heatholders.com/usa/products/overview.php
        >
        > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
        >
        > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
        >
        > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - Heat Holder Socks - Your Name
        > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
        > 3. A brief personal bio
        > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate your understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
        > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
        > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
        > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
        > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
        >
        > TEST SPECIFICS
        > * US shipping included
        > * Newbie limit does NOT apply
        > * 2 report test!
        > * Nancy is the Test Director
        >
        > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Friday, November 23, 2012.
        >
        > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > ~derek

      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2012