TEST CALL: Cold Feet?

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
      Defeat your cold feet with a pair of thermal socks from Heat Holders!

      > http://www.heatholders.com/usa/products/overview.php

      APPLICATION PARAMETERS

      Please include the following in your short but succinct application:

      1. Subject line: APPLICATION - Heat Holder Socks - Your Name
      2. The opening disclaimer for testing
      3. A brief personal bio
      4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate your understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
      5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
      6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
      7. List any applications currently under consideration
      8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)

      TEST SPECIFICS
      * US shipping included
      * Newbie limit does NOT apply
      * 2 report test!
      * Nancy is the Test Director

      This test call will close at midnight (MST), Friday, November 23, 2012.

      Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.

      73,

      ~derek
    • hikingshoes
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2012
        Please accept my application to test the ¬ Heat Holder Socks. I have read chapter five of the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, Version 0609 and I agree with all the requirements.

        Biographical Information:
        Name: Charles Nichols
        Age: 49
        Gender: Male
        Height: 5'11'' (1.80m)
        Weight: 218 lbs ( 98.90kg )
        Email address: hikingshoesATyahooDOTcom
        City, State, Country: Corinth, Mississippi, United States
        Date: 11/27/2012

        Backpacking Background:
        I've been hiking/backpacking close to 5 years, plus 22 years with the military. I have come to love hiking/backpacking. I have hiked sections of the Appalachian Trail, Palmetto Trail in South Carolina, Sipsey Wilderness in Alabama, and Big Hill Pond State Park in Tennessee. I started out with a 45 lb to 50 lb (20 to 23 kg) pack. After meeting other hikers using lighter gear has encouraged me to get lighter gear of my own. My current pack weight is 28 lb - 30 lb (13 to 14 kg) now.

        Test plan:
        I intend to test Heat Holder Socks several upcoming hiking/backpacking trips. I will be out for 2-3days/nights on the Appalachian Trail. The average temperature will be 27 Degrees Fahrenheit (15 Degrees Celsius), with an average elevation of 2,949Feet (899 Meters) above sea level. I will also be out for 2-3days/nights on the Pine Mountain Trail for this test as well. I will be using a tent on some of the test and hammock, tarp.

        Previously Written Reports:
        Owner Reviews:

        *Ursack Minor http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Bear%20Resistant%20Containers/Ursack%20Minor/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

        *GSI Outdoors Halulite Minimalist
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Cook%20Sets/GSI%20Outdoors%20Halulite%20Minimalist/Owner%20Review%20by%20Charles%20Wayne%20Nichols/

        Completed Tests: None at this time.
        Current Tests: None at this time.
        Tests you are Monitoring: None at this time.

        Thank you for your consideration,
        Charles Nichols
      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 21, 2012
          Hold that turkey!

          Before you eat a slice, let's see some apps for these Heat Holder Socks! The deadline is Friday and so far I've only received ONE app.

          So, carve those pencils and send in those apps!

          ~derek

          On Nov 16, 2012, at 1:51 PM, Derek Hansen <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

          > Defeat your cold feet with a pair of thermal socks from Heat Holders!
          >
          >> http://www.heatholders.com/usa/products/overview.php
          >
          > APPLICATION PARAMETERS
          >
          > Please include the following in your short but succinct application:
          >
          > 1. Subject line: APPLICATION - Heat Holder Socks - Your Name
          > 2. The opening disclaimer for testing
          > 3. A brief personal bio
          > 4. A brief test plan (just long enough to demonstrate your understand the product and where you will be testing it.)
          > 5. A link to your previous tests/ORs (summary page) and number of ORs in the last 12 months
          > 6. List your current test load, AND a link to your test status page
          > 7. List any applications currently under consideration
          > 8. List any additional BGT roles (mentor, monitor, etc.)
          >
          > TEST SPECIFICS
          > * US shipping included
          > * Newbie limit does NOT apply
          > * 2 report test!
          > * Nancy is the Test Director
          >
          > This test call will close at midnight (MST), Friday, November 23, 2012.
          >
          > Please Cc my personal email address along with the list to ensure I receive your application.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > ~derek

        • Derek Hansen
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 27, 2012