Application to test - Sea 2 Summit Ultra-Sil Daypack - Ray Estrella

  • Ray
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      Hello Richard,

      Please accept my application to test the Sea 2 Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609 including, but not limited to, Chapter 5. I agree to comply with and exceed all requirements.

      Tester Information
      Name: Raymond Estrella
      Age: 52
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 3" (193 cm)
      Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)
      Email address: rayestrella@...
      City: Moorhead
      State: Minnesota
      Country: USA
      Date: November 2, 2012

      Backpacking Background:

      I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I am usually with my brother-in-law Dave.

      Test plan

      As may be seen by my reviews of similar concept packs I like the idea of dual-use summit packs. Well I say dual-use as that is how I would use it. I will use the pack as a stuff sack to protect my sleeping system from moisture in my winter backpack or gear sled. Then once camp is made I will use it as a day-pack. (No real summits here to speak of.) So my reports will look at both applications and the feasibility of each.

      Deer hunting season starts tomorrow (11/3) and I will stay out of the woods until the shooting stops. But by the time this ships I should be back out on the snow covered trails.

      I expect temps during the time span to run from 20 to -30 F, maybe lower.

      I have just one test going, the Bridgford jerky which is in LTR.

      Here is a link to my tester page.

      I have no other apps in at this time.

      My involvement with BGT includes active duty as Mod, Editor, Mentor, and Test Monitor.

      I have completed a lot of test series.

      I have written over 180 Owner Reviews, four last month.

      My reports and reviews can be found at:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/rayestrella

      Thank you for your consideration of me for this test,

      Ray