LTR - Bolle Raniers - Mike Mosack

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
      Here is my LTR on my Bolle Ranier Sunglasses. Thank you in advance for your time and edits.
      Mike Mosack

      http://tinyurl.com/a2944zu

      LONG-TERM REPORT
      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS
      Two trips, 2 and 3 days (and nights) to the Pacific Crest Trail section in Laguna Mountain region of Southern California, USA
      Conditions: Ungroomed foot trails and forest access dirt roads. Temperatures ranging from 55 to 90 F (13 to 32 C)
      A three day trip to the Sierra Nevadas in California and Nevada, USA. The dry terrain consisted of grassy fields, to rocky mountainous areas. The weather there consisted of sunny and clear to partly cloudy skies and temperatures from 68 F (20 C) to 80 F (27 C). Elevations I have traveled during this test period have ranged from approximately 4000 ft (1200 m) to over 6500 ft (1980 m).
      Numerous miscellaneous day hikes ranging from 2 - 5 miles (3 - 8 km) in the area of Eastern San Diego County, California, USA.
      Conditions: Maintained trails, grassy areas, some concrete sidewalks and maintained roadway shoulders. Temperatures ranging from 70 to 80 F (21 to 27 C).
      Duration: Day hikes and I also wore these sunglasses regularly on my day to day travels around town.
      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD
      The sunglasses performed splendidly throughout this test period. They are comfortable to wear and are lightweight. During times when I have perspired while wearing them, the frames still grip well and do not slip down my nose or face. The polarized lenses makes it easier for my vision to cut through the glare of the bright sunshine.
      Cleaning the lenses has been pretty straightforward. The included lens cloth is easy on the lens leaving it streak-free. The hinges connecting the frames to the ear pieces continue to hold securely and operate smoothly.
      <<IMAGE GOES HERE. ALT TEXT = "IMAGE 5" IMAGE CAPTION = "My son watering our dog">>
      My 16 year old son has been found wearing my sunglasses on many occasions. He likes the style and clarity they offer. I like the included case that has protected my sunglasses and kept them from being damaged when stored or packed away.

      SUMMARY
      The sunglasses have seen many uses throughout this testing period. They have performed well and have held up without showing any obvious wear.
      Some of the highlights are as follows...
      Pros -
      The sunglasses are lightweight yet also sturdy
      I like that they have polarized lenses
      They come with an included case and lens cloth
      Cons -
      I would prefer a narrower ear piece to improve my peripheral vision

      I would like to thank <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www,bolle.com" LINK TEXT = "Bollé">> and <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.backpackgeartest.org" LINK TEXT = "BackpackGearTest.org">> for allowing me to participate in testing this product.

      Copyright 2012. All rights reserved.
    • jerry adams
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2012
        Thanks for testing this.  So, they've become your son's sun glasses - nice!

        Couple edits:

        At the top, there's a link to the Field Report, but there's no field report, so it doesn't go anywhere.  Since you're using the report generator, you may not be able to remove this, but if you can, that would be good.

        "The polarized lenses makes it easier for my vision to cut through the glare of the bright sunshine."

        EDIT make

        .

      • Mike Mosack
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2012
          The edits have been addressed and the report uploaded and test copy deleted. Thanks for editing this series.
          BTW – I do use the BGT Report Writer exclusively and it appears that I am unable to remove the FR link even though I deleted the FR .... Not sure if there is a way to “fix” this for the two-series tests.
          Mike