IR- Bridgford's Sweet Baby Ray Beef Jerky - Mark Thompson

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2012
      Good Evening,

      Please find my IR below or by clicking:  http://tinyurl.com/9v6a25m

      I await your edits.

      Best,
      Mark

      BRIDGFORD BEEF JERKY
      TEST SERIES BY MARK THOMPSON
      IR
      October 10, 2012

      TESTER INFORMATION

      NAME: Mark Thompson
      EMAIL: markthompson 242 at gmail dot com
      AGE: 48
      LOCATION: Parker, Colorado, USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 0" (2.10 m)
      WEIGHT: 190 lb (86.20 kg)

      Outdoor adventures started for me at an early age, my passions have grown to include backpacking, rock climbing, hiking, hunting, fishing, canoeing, cycling, skiing and snowshoeing.  Most of my adventures presently take place in Colorado's amazing Rocky Mountains.  For trail hikes, my pack typically weighs 15 lbs/7 kg (summer/fall), 25 lbs/11 kg (winter/spring) and trail speed ranges from 2.5 - 4 mph (4 - 6 km/h) depending on elevation gain.  For backpack trips, my pack weighs 40 - 45 lbs (18 - 20 kg) and my trail speed drops to 1.5 - 3.0 mph (2 - 5 km/h).

      INITIAL REPORT

      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Manufacturer: Bridgford Foods Corp.
      Year of Manufacture: 2012
      Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.bridgford.com">>
      MSRP: US$
      Listed Weight: 3 oz (85 g) (contents only)
      Measured Weight: 3 oz (85 g) (contents only)
      Measured Weight: 3.5 oz (99 g) (contents and package)

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      I found the packaging and appearance to be consistent with quality packaged foods and, with three stated servings per container, I was pleased to find a reseal-able package.  Although, I must admit, whomever can make this product last for three servings has a ton more will power than I (but more on that later).  In the sealed package, the product does not require refrigeration, but does have a recommended "Best Before" date

      TRYING IT OUT

      I freely admit that I do not have the greatest amount of will power, so even before writing this Initial Report, I grabbed a bag of the Honey Chipotle and took it with me on my climb of the Second Flatiron, near Boulder, Colorado, USA.  Only later did I read the package to find that each bag contains three servings.  Other than a couple pieces shared with my climbing partners, I consumed everything (well, not the silica preservative package) inside the bag.  Yes, it was delicious!

      SUMMARY

      I have resisted the temptation to dive into a bag of Bridgoford's "Original" flavor, but the Honey Chipotle was delicious.  So far:
      Pros:
      - Zero grams of Trans Fat!
      - Good source of protein
      - Zesty taste without stomach irritation
      - great packaging for the outdoors, including the resealing feature

      Cons:
      - There is a significant amount of sodium per serving, but this isn't much of a con considering the amount of sodium required by the physical demands placed on the body during high exertion activities such as backpacking.

      A special thanks for Bridgford Foods Corp. and BackpackGearTest.org for making this test possible.

      Copyright 2012.  All rights reserved.