Applicatio n: Obermey er Kestral Jacket– B rett Haydi n

  • Brett Haydin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2012
      1) Please
      accept my application to test the Obermeyer
      Kestral Jacket. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters
      4 and 5 and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed
      tester agreement is on file. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum
      expected use requirements.

      ------

      2) Bio

      Name:
      Brett Haydin

      Age: 39

      Gender: Male

      Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)

      Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

      Chest: 44 in (112 cm)

      Sleeve: 33 in (84 cm)

      Email:
      bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com

      Location: Denver, Colorado USA

      Backpacking Background: I
      started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being involved in the Boy Scouts
      programs. As a young adult, I worked at a summer camp leading backpacking,
      canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now generally take short weekend or day
      trips in rough, mountainous terrain, although I have extensive experience in
      the upper Midwest as well. I take one or two longer trips each year, where I
      typically carry about 40 lb (18 kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable,
      but I have taken lightweight trips as well.

      ------

      3) Test Plan

      October
      - January: Over the testing period I will take roughly two trips per month
      ranging from 1-2 nights.

      My
      winter camping takes me to the top of 14,000 ft. (4,267 m) peaks as well as
      high alpine lakes, just for kicks! My
      plans will take me to several base camp locations near several peaks where I
      will hike, summit, descend and repeat. Several
      of my trips will likely include backcountry snowboarding, although much will
      depend on snow conditions. I�ll see snow, high winds and temperatures as
      low as 0 F (-18 C) but perhaps as high as 70 F (21 C) along steep trails, scree
      slopes and all sorts of nasty environments.
      In the winter, I always have a hard time regulating my warmth while
      hiking in the winter and would love to see if the Obermeyer Kestral Jacket is
      up to the task of moisture management!
      Of course, I�ll see if the jacket restricts my movement, is comfortable
      and if the numerous bells and whistles make it a practical jacket for the
      backcountry. .

      ------

      4) Current Tests and Stage (1):

      -
      Big Agnes Jack Rabbit Tent (LTR due 10/16/12)

      Status
      Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1823.htm

      5)
      OR�s completed in past year: 3