Application - Obermeyer Kestral Jacket - Brian Hartman

  • Brian Hartman
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi Andrea,
      Please accept my application to test the Obermeyer Kestral Jacket.
      DISCLAIMER
      I have read the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide, version 0609, including Chapters 4, 5 and 6, and I will follow all requirements. I have also completed the tester agreement and submitted it as required. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements for this test.

      PERSONAL BIO
      Tester Bio
      Name: Brian Hartman
      Age: 44
      Gender: Male
      Height: 5' 9" (1.7 Meters)
      Weight: 145 Pounds (66 Kilograms)
      Email address: bhart1426 at yahoo dot com
      City, State, Country: Westfield, Indiana, U.S.
      TEST PLAN:
      I love winter backpacking and so I get pretty excited when the weather turns cold. I already have a backpacking trip planned to Northern Ohio near the snow belt this winter where it will most certainly be cold, windy and hopefully very snowy.  I will also be going on several three day backpacking trips to the Hoosier National Forestand Charles Deem Wilderness this fall and winter.  This should give me the perfect opportunity to test the warmth and breathability of the Obermeyer Kestral Jacket.  Since the jacket has built-in insulation, I am particularly interested in how well it allows moisture to escape when doing heavy excersion.  In addition, I plan to evaluate the fit, comfort and durability of this jacket in tough conditions.  Since I do a fair amount of off-trail hiking, durability will be crucial.  If this jacket performs as touted, it will serve as a one-piece juggernaut for windproof, waterproof, breathable, and
      insulative protection from the elements.
      I am very excited at the opportunity to test the Obermeyer Kestral Jacket.   Thank you for considering my application and thanks to Obermeyer for providing this jacket for testing.
      CURRENT TEST LOAD
      Solo Stove - LTR due Oct 16th (testing completed)
      Terra Nova tent - LTR due Oct 30th

      STATUS PAGE: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1849.htm
      PREVIOUS TESTS / ORs
      Previous reports: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/crazycamper