APPLICATION - 180 Tack Stove - Alex Legg

  • alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      Opps, wrote my subject wrong. Sorry Bridget!

      Please accept my application to test the180 Tack Stove. I have read and understand the entire BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5. I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name:  Alex Legg
      Age:  30
      Gender:  Male
      Height:  6'4" (1.9 m)
      Weight:  195 lb (88 kg)
      Shoe Size: 13 Mens
      Email address:  alexlegg2 AT yahoo DOT com
      City, State, Country:  Tucson, Arizona, USA
      I grew up backpacking in the Rockies.   I hike ranges throughout Arizona and Colorado year round.  I carry a light pack, mostly water.  I prefer a tarp shelter to my heavier 2-person tent.  I do many day hikes and I also spend as many as 5 days out at a time.  Temperatures range from below freezing to above 100 F (38 C), and elevations from 2,000 ft to 14,000 ft ( 610 m to 4, 300 m).  I bag a mountain almost every weekend, and I walk my dogs 4 miles daily through deep sand and overgrown mesquite trees in our local washes.

      Test Plan:
      I am curious to see how useful and dependable this stove is. I like the idea of not carrying fuel canisters in my pack and being able to use natural fuels. The 180 stove looks like it folds down to a compact and manageable size. I will report back on how well the stove works as well as how convenient it is to use. I am curious to see how effective the stove is when using dried grasses and leaves when wood is not available. I will be backpacking at least 2 nights per month over the testing period so I will have ample opportunity to put the 180 Tack stove to work.

      Current test load: Suisse Sport Mammoth Tent (FR stage), Suisse Sport K2 Sleeping Bag (FR stage). Gerber Instant Knife (FR stage)
      Tester status page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1896.htm
      Owner Reviews in past year: 10
      Link to reviews/tests: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/alexlegg
      Outstanding applications: Chaco Tedinho Boots
      Additional BGT roles: None at this time.

      Thank you for the consideration!