torn miniscus?

  • Coy Boy
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2012
      Im not sure yet, trying to get in to see my orthopedic doc. Anyways, I twisted my knee last Saturday. I finely decided it was not getting much better so went to my chiropractor this morning. He thinks I have a torn meniscus. Wont know for sure until I see the doc. However, I just applied for the energizer area light. Right now Im not sure how much backpacking I'll be able to do. This was one of the abbreviated (IR and LTR only) test. How far apart are the IR and LTR on one of those? Im sure that even if I end up needing my knee scoped I'll be back going again in a month or so. And since the test is not even closed yet and there is usually a few weeks lag before items arrive...anyways, just wanted to be upfront about the situation.

      Coy Boy
    • Justin Potts
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21, 2012
        Coy,

        I just finished one of the IR-LTR test series, they are the same 4 month format, just eliminating the FR from the equation.

        Hope I helped,
        Justin Potts
        -Pottsy

        Sent from my iPad

        On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:05 PM, "Coy Boy" <starnescr@...> wrote:

        > Im not sure yet, trying to get in to see my orthopedic doc. Anyways, I twisted my knee last Saturday. I finely decided it was not getting much better so went to my chiropractor this morning. He thinks I have a torn meniscus. Wont know for sure until I see the doc. However, I just applied for the energizer area light. Right now Im not sure how much backpacking I'll be able to do. This was one of the abbreviated (IR and LTR only) test. How far apart are the IR and LTR on one of those? Im sure that even if I end up needing my knee scoped I'll be back going again in a month or so. And since the test is not even closed yet and there is usually a few weeks lag before items arrive...anyways, just wanted to be upfront about the situation.
        >
        > Coy Boy

      • Coy Boy
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
          Thanks Justin, with 4 months I'm not as worried. I vaguely remember it was 4 months now. I wonder if they can scope my brain while they scope my knee (if they end up scoping knee).

          Coy Boy

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Justin Potts <justpottsy@...> wrote:

          > Coy,
          >
          > I just finished one of the IR-LTR test series, they are the same 4 month format, just eliminating the FR from the equation.
          >
          > Hope I helped,
          > Justin Potts
          > -Pottsy
          >
          > Sent from my iPad
          >
          > On Sep 21, 2012, at 12:05 PM, "Coy Boy" <starnescr@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Im not sure yet, trying to get in to see my orthopedic doc. Anyways, I twisted my knee last Saturday. I finely decided it was not getting much better so went to my chiropractor this morning. He thinks I have a torn meniscus. Wont know for sure until I see the doc. However, I just applied for the energizer area light. Right now Im not sure how much backpacking I'll be able to do. This was one of the abbreviated (IR and LTR only) test. How far apart are the IR and LTR on one of those? Im sure that even if I end up needing my knee scoped I'll be back going again in a month or so. And since the test is not even closed yet and there is usually a few weeks lag before items arrive...anyways, just wanted to be upfront about the situation.
          > >
          > > Coy Boy

        • Mike Pearl
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
            Skip the scope!  Get an MRI, MUCH less painful.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 25, 2012
              So sorry to hear, Coy! Hope all turns out ok. You should still be good for the app, so no worry there!

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
                saw the doc this morning, pretty good meniscus tear. also lots of arthritis. said he could not help the arthritis. I said, well your not much count then... will be having it scoped Friday at noon. he said to expect about 6 week to return to pretty normal activities. not all that bad except this is my favorite time of year to be out in the woods. at least I can still kayak..now if only I can sweet talk sweetie into loading and unloading the yaks...

                Coy Boy

                > So sorry to hear, Coy! Hope all turns out ok. You should still be good for the app, so no worry there!
                >
                > Kathy
              • Kathy Waters
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2012
                  Awww, I'm sure you can put on your best southern drawl and charm your sweetie!

                  Good luck Friday. Ice works great for the arthritis part...