Fw: from fellow hiker in Flagstaff

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
      OK, fellow BGTers!

      Anyone want to chime in with suggestions? Who feels strongly positive about a headlamp they've tested? Because of my comprised eyesight, I don't think I can give a good recommendation.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
        Stacy, I have a couple of recommendations for you. For general walking, I like the Essential Gear eQ2 headlamp. At $12, this won't break the bank but don't let the low price fool you. This headlamp packs some punch! It has a focused beam which I like (rather than diffused). I really like the Petzl Tikka (I have the Core battery). This one is a bit brighter, but costs $100. It has bright and low settings which makes it a little more versatile. Either way you can't go wrong in my opinion.

        Brett Haydin

        "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
        can be accomplished when no one
        cares who gets the credit."

        To: BackpackGearTesters@yahoogroups.com
        From: kathy@...
        Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 09:59:30 -0600
        Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Fw: from fellow hiker in Flagstaff

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
          Thanks for your reply, Brett! I forwarded it to Stacy. It's always gives
          me a good feeling when someone refers to BGT for all-things-outdoors
          recommendations. I know BGT is a real service to both our manufacturing
          partners and readers.

          My sincere thanks to all who make this a great group. Please keep up the
          good work and if you know anyone else who should be "here" - wear 'em down
          and get 'em to join! <g>

          > Stacy, I have a couple of recommendations for you. For general walking, I
          > like the Essential Gear eQ2 headlamp. At $12, this won't break the bank
          > but don't let the low price fool you. This headlamp packs some punch! It
          > has a focused beam which I like (rather than diffused). I really like the
          > Petzl Tikka (I have the Core battery). This one is a bit brighter, but
          > costs $100. It has bright and low settings which makes it a little more
          > versatile. Either way you can't go wrong in my opinion.
          >
          > Brett Haydin

          > "Teamwork: It's amazing how much
          > can be accomplished when no one
          > cares who gets the credit."
          >
          > To: BackpackGearTesters@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kathy@...
          > Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 09:59:30 -0600
          > Subject: [backpackgeartesters] Fw: from fellow hiker in Flagstaff

          > OK, fellow BGTers!
          >

          > Anyone want to chime in with suggestions? Who feels strongly positive
          > about a headlamp they've tested? Because of my comprised eyesight, I
          > don't think I can give a good recommendation.
          >

          > Thanks,
          >
          > Kathy

        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
            I quite liked the Essential Gear K2 Focus Control Plus headlamp. Has a
            battery pack on the back of the head and has a red flashing light on th
            battery pack. It is heavy. The other is the Princeton Tec Byte. It is light.

            Ralph

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
              Thanks, Ralph! I've passed along your response to Stacy as well.