EDIT/Approval - Icebreaker SS Crewe - Ed Morse

  • richardglyon@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2012
      Ed,

      Excellent report. You certainly put this shirt through its paces, and you've hit the items I look for when shopping for a shirt. A few edits, in the standard format; note that the first EDIT is to your Tester Information section. After revising you may upload. Don't forget to delete your Tests folder copy.

      Cheers, Richard

      <<LOCATION: Grand Traverse County, Michigan>>
      EDIT: Grand Traverse County, Michigan, USA [For the benefit of our international readers]
      Comment: Lovely area. I haven't visited much since my brother's death three years ago; I miss it as well as him.

      <<Actually the man on the left is much taller and bigger than I am. I'm standing a little ahead and up on a mound. I'm only slightly taller than the lady in the skirt.>>
      EDIT: Delete these sentences as unnecessary. More appropriate for a trip report than a test report.

      <<This day started with a light rain, which soon cleared away and the temperature rose to 87 F (31 C) by the time we finished the eight mile (13 km) hike. >>
      Edit: eight-mile [with a hyphen]

      I wore the Ace Crewe on all my day hikes in the last two months.>>
      Edit: Consider opening your LTR section with this sentence.

      <<I started a four day hike on July fourth>>
      Edit: four-day [as above]
      Edit: July Fourth [capital F]

      <<I walked through areas of white pine, Jack pine and through cedar swamps. >>
      EDIT: Delete the second "through" (before "swamps")

      <<I had walked too far for the first day out and my feet were tender. I got the hammock and tarp up before I needed the headlamp. I did need the headlamp to fix dinner and hang the food bag.>>
      EDIT: Please delete. More trip reporting, with no bearing on shirt performance.

      <<The longest hike I did during the long term period was 12 days and 105 miles (169 KM) of backpacking on Isle Royale National Park >>
      EDIT: (169 km) [lower case]
      Comment: 105 miles - OK, I'm impressed