EDIT/APPROVAL LTR GREGORY SAGE 55 PACK WOMEN'S-Frances Penn

  • mosack@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2012
      Hi Frances,

      Seems as if you like your pack :) Just a few edits in the usual format and after you are free to upload -

      EDIT – Must change

      edit – My recommended change if you agree

      comment – just that.

      “This concludes my Field Report. Please check back in two months for my Long Term Report. Thanks to Gregory Mountain Products and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to test this awesome pack.”

      EDIT – please remove this line from the FR…as you cover this now in your LTR.

      “Elevation: 6,000 ft to 11,500 ft (1829 m. to 3505 m)
      EDIT – please remove the period after “m” (meters) in each case throughout the report.

      “Temperatures: 40 to 70 F (4 C to 21 C)” and “Temperatures: 50 to 70 F (10 to 21 C)”

      EDIT – For consistency – I noticed sometimes you use “F” once but “C” twice or “C” once…Please be consistent throughout the report. I recommend using both the “F” and “C” for each temperature listed as in “Temperatures: 50 F to 70 F (10 C to 21 C)” or “Temperatures: 50 to 70 F (10 to 21 C)” throughout as long as they are the same.

      “On the Big Pine trip, I packed the full bear canister inside full of food while hiking in to camp.”

      edit – After re-reading this, I understand what you are saying here, but I would reword the sentence as it appears you were actually filling/packing a canister full of available food while you were hiking, which seems difficult for any of us. Maybe change the wording to something like “On the Big Pine trip, I carried the full bear canister inside my pack while hiking in to camp.”

      “The only damage I noticed is some discoloration on one of the side pockets.”

      Comment – I personally wouldn’t describe discoloration from possibly touching or rubbing against pollen as damage… unless there is some permanent disintegration of the fibers or construction resulting from the color of the pollen – just a thought.

      That’s it!

      Have a great day and upload when you are ready.

      Mike