IR - Clif Kit's Organic Fruit and Nut Bars - Lori Pontious

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2012
      I finally got this uploaded. For a bit the website was not
      cooperating - it was telling me it was taking too long to load, which
      would make me think my service provider was at fault (it often is)
      except that it was the only website on the internet doing that to me.

      I now need to work on the HMTL - the tables are screwy. I think I
      will make the font smaller and the cells wider, and add some lines.
      But while I am gone to work on a SAR fundraiser til Sunday night,
      here is the text.

      HTML: http://tinyurl.com/d5cgvdn

      Text:
      Clif Kit's Organic Fruit and Nut Bars
      Test Series by Lori Pontious

      INITIAL REPORT - August 2, 2012

      Tester Information

      NAME: Lori Pontious
      EMAIL: lori.pontious (at) gmail.com
      AGE: 45
      LOCATION: Fresno County, California, USA
      GENDER: F
      HEIGHT: 5'7" (1.7 m)
      WEIGHT: 165 lb (75 kg)

      I've backpacked, camped and fished all over the lower 48 states with
      my family as a kid, and then life happened. I've restarted these
      activities about four years ago - I dayhike or backpack 2-6 times a
      month. I am between light and ultralight. I have a hammock system and
      own a Tarptent. My base weight depends upon season and where I go.

      Product Information

      Manufacturer: Clif Bar & Company
      Manufacturer URL: www.clifbar.com
      Flavors Available: Peanut Butter, Berry Almond, Cashew, Chocolate
      Almond Coconut
      Flavors Tested: Peanut Butter, Berry Almond, Cashew, Chocolate Almond
      Coconut
      Serving Size: 1 bar
      Calories per bar: Peanut Butter: 200 Berry Almond: 180 Cashew: 170
      Chocolate Almond Coconut: 190
      Listed Weight per bar: Peanut Butter: 1.76 oz (50 g) Berry Almond:
      1.73 oz (49 g) Cashew: 1.62 oz (46 g) Chocolate Almond Coconut: 1.69
      oz (48 g)
      Actual Weight per bar: Peanut Butter: 1.85 oz (53 g) Berry Almond:
      1.75 oz (50 g) Cashew: 1.70 oz (49 g) Chocolate Almond Coconut: 1.95
      oz (55 g)
      Ingredients, Peanut Butter: Organic dates, organic peanuts, organic
      almonds, sea salt.
      Ingredients, Berry Almond: Organic dates, organic almonds, organic
      barberries, organic bilberries, sea salt.
      Ingredients, Cashew: Organic dates, organic cashews, organic almonds,
      sea salt.
      Ingredients, Chocolate Almond Coconut: Organic dates, organic
      almonds, organic unsweetened chocolate, organic coconut, organic
      virgin coconut oil, sea salt.
      MSRP:
      $17.99 per box of 12 bars

      Initial Report

      Product Description
      The Clif Kit's Organic Fruit and Nut Bars (hereafter the bars or the
      bar as is grammatically appropriate) are gluten free, soy free, and
      dairy free trail bars distributed by Clif Bar & Company. I received
      all four flavors, six bars apiece

      I note that the first ingredient on each bar is organic dates. I'm
      not very fond of dates, but I do usually like the flavors listed on
      the wrappers of the bars. So I peeled open an almond chocolate
      coconut bar and tried it. My first impression - yum! The bar has a
      nice texture and doesn't feel on the tongue like it's over-processed
      into a paste. I enjoyed eating my first bar.

      I'm appreciative of the simplicity of the ingredients - just a few,
      and I can taste each. And I note that in the allergen statement Clif
      Bar assures me that they source ingredients that are not genetically
      engineered.

      I am very much looking forward to taking these bars out over the next
      couple of months to use them on the trail.

      Thanks to Clif Bar and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to
      test Kit's Organic Fruit and Nut Bars. Please come back in two months
      when I post my Field Report.