EDIT: FR - Montbell Tachyon Anorak - Andrei Girenkov

  • thebootfitters
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2012
      Andrei,

      Your link only reflected you initial report, so I wasn't able to truly review your intended report with photos and everything. Can you please fix the report so that the version to review is loaded into the test folder?

      Also, apologies for missing this initially. While it is ultimately my responsibility to check the list, it is my understanding that you should be emailing the test monitors directly with your submitted reports, in addition to posting to the list. Please remember to cc your test monitors when you post to the list. Thanks.

      The edits below are in the standard EDIT/Edit/Comment format, but please post a valid HTML copy to the test folder and let me review that before you make this one go live.

      Cheers,

      Christopher

      EDIT
      > The Anorack is very light weight...
      --- Spelling/typo. Should be "Anorak."

      Edit
      > Because we were camping with a child and the islands do not have fresh water we
      were travelling very heavy.
      ---Spelling/typo. Unless you were intentionally using the British/Canadian version of the spelling, there should only be one 'l' in "traveling."

      EDIT
      > Considering the weight of all that food and water, the Anorack's weight savings...
      ---Spelling/typo again. No 'c' in "anorak."

      Comment
      > The water repelling abilities of this jacket are effective, but have their
      limits. It's a good barrier to prevent rain and wind, however I would not want
      to rely on it to keep me dry in the rain for several hours.
      ---I think this is a fair statement; however, you may wish to consider that the jacket is not intended to keep anyone dry for several hours in the rain. It is not fully waterproof. Your last statement here could be interpreted that it is not doing what it is intended to do. Your call whether anything is worth clarifying.
    • Christopher Nicolai
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2012
        Andrei,

        Your current version now on the test site looks good. No required edits or
        suggestions that I can see. Please delete from test folder and upload at
        will. Thanks! And looking forward to your LTR. :-)

        ~Christopher

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "agirenkov" <agirenkov@...>
        wrote:

        > I wasn't able to upload this earlier due to restrictions on site. Here
        is my field review. Once I get edit back will upload. Working on long
        term review now.

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/FR%20-%20Tachyon%20-%20Andrei%20Girenkov/