Re: FR - tasc Vital Training Short - Coy Boy

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2012
      Hi Coy,

      Hopefully I got you before you're OOP!

      See below,

      Jamie

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Coy Boy" <starnescr@...> wrote:

      > Test Locations and Conditions
      \ Due to a broken collar bone I was limited to mostly day hiking for the first 6 weeks but have since been wearing them on several recumbent bike rides and on my StreetStrider.

      Edit: I assume by 6 weeks you mean first 6 weeks of testing??

      And last but not least, I have worn them doing some exercise at a play ground and at home.

      EDIT: I was always thaught never to start a sentence with a capital And. Just drop it and start with Last...

      This was standard stuff like pull-ups, push-ups and even a few yoga moves thrown in.

      > When riding my bikes I imagine I sweat as much, but the constant movement of air seemed to keep me (and the shorts) a lot dryer, even though I was setting on a large seat when riding my recumbent.

      EDIT: setting should be sitting??

      Edit: You open this para with I sweat as much, but don't state the comparision you're making. I assume hiking or exercising so maybe make it clear.

      > And now, a little about the wicking ability of the shorts. I noticed they would stay pretty wet on a hike once I got to sweating profusely so I kept them on after a hike a couple of times and they seemed to dry pretty fast. I decided it would be a good idea to wash a few pairs of shorts made of different fabrics and see just how fast they dried hung outside. I had a 100% polyester pair, a 100% cotton pair and a 55% Organic Cotton, 40% Viscose from Bamboo and 5% Elastane pair (the Vital Trainers). I washed them and hung them out at 1 PM sharp. The temperature was around 86 F (30 C) and there was a slight breeze blowing. I checked the shorts every 15 minutes and found that the 100% polyester pair dried the fastest but not by much. The cotton pair took the longest but even they dried fairly fast. The poly shorts was dry in 45 minute, the Vital Trainers in an hour and the cotton pair in an hour and 20 minutes. However, as I stated previously, the Vital Trainer's felt great next to my skin even when wet and were definitely the most comfortable in all conditions. Here are the three pairs of shorts shortly after I hung them out. The tasc Vital Training shorts are in the middle.

      Comment: I don't think this is a 'shoot out' as the different material construction is a point of difference in this product. This para has a lot of info in it. I got what you were saying (they took longer to dry) but is it worth summarising it into a table? Say Material/Dry time so a reader can easily see how they performed??

      > Care and Durability
      > So far the Vital Trainer's are holding up well.

      EDIT: No ' in trainers

      They still fits just like they did when I got them.

      EDIT: Remove s from fits
    • Coy Boy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2012
        Thanks Jamie, all good edits and suggestions. I did not add the chart but that too was a good idea. All fixed and uploaded, test copy deleted. See you for the LTR

        Coy Boy