Re: IR: Garmont Amica Trail GTX Shoes- Nancy Griffith

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi Nancy,

      See my comments below.

      Please enjoy your field testing!

      Jamie

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Griffith <bkpkrgirl@...> wrote:

      > INITIAL REPORT
      >

      > Colors Available: Sand/Pale Green, Dark Grey/Aubergine (burgundy)
      > Color Tested: Sand/Pale Green
      > :

      EDIT: Please delete the extra : under Color Tested

      > SUMMARY
      >
      > The Garmont Amica Trail shoes are a sporty low-cut trail shoe with a waterproof Gore-Tex liner.
      > Likes:
      > Feminine styling
      > Good color scheme
      > Quality construction

      Dislikes:
      > Nothing so far
      > This concludes my Initial Report.  Check back in two months for my Field Report.  Thanks to Garmont and BackpackGearTest.org for allowing me to participate in this test.

      Comment: You make 2 critical observations regarding the fit (appear to be too large compared to your expectations) and the claimed features (not obvious to you despite the website and hangtags). It seems stange to make these comments in the body of your report but then not list them in the summary. I assume this is on purpose as, despite your observations, you don't class these as dislikes.
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
        Hi Jamie,

        I had to swap out sizes (the originals were too large) and I just received them yesterday.  They sent a different color so my photos are going to have to change.  And the ADD features that I COULD NOT see on the original pair are mostly now readily apparent.  It is clear to me that they vary significantly from shoe to shoe and from pair to pair.  So, I'm going to have to completely revise my report.  I'll REPOST when it's ready.

        Sorry for making you review it again, but I'll need your help with such a re-write.

        Thanks,

        Nancy

        ________________________________
        > Colors Available: Sand/Pale Green, Dark Grey/Aubergine (burgundy)
        > Color Tested: Sand/Pale Green
        > :

        EDIT: Please delete the extra : under Color Tested

        > SUMMARY
        >
        > The Garmont Amica Trail shoes are a sporty low-cut trail shoe with a waterproof Gore-Tex liner.
        > Likes:
        > Feminine styling
        > Good color scheme
        > Quality construction

        Dislikes:

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
          No problems Nancy, under the circumstances a re-write would be highly appropriate given the extra findings.

          More than happy to review once you're ready!

          Jamie

          Sent from my iPhone