APPLICATION: Big Agnes Q-Core Sleeping Pad - Lori Pontious

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      I'll send this just in case I can squeak in....

      Please accept my application to review the Big Agnes Q-Core Sleeping
      Pad. I have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609
      and I agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed
      Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

      Name: Lori Pontious
      Age: 45
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 163 (74 kg)
      email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
      location: Fresno County, California, USA

      I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in
      the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low
      elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly,
      several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a
      lightweight pack.

      Test Plan: I have a backpacking trip (minimum) every month of the
      year, and a two week high Sierra journey coming up this year as well
      as weekend outings, and a kayak campout or two as well. I encounter
      temperatures down to freezing (and sometimes below) at night, and I
      love a nice comfortable sleeping pad. As a side sleeper I prefer a
      little more thickness - I am interested to find out whether the Q-
      Core is also enough insulation for my usual high elevation, lower
      night temperature travels. Durability is also important. I'd rather
      not find myself sleeping on granite!

      My thanks to Big Agnes and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

      Current tests: Dual Eyewear SL2, My Inspire Bra, Hi-Tec Cloud Chaser
      shell

      Test status page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

      ORs in last year: 3

      Other test applications: none pending

      BGT involvement: monitor (Big Agnes Helinox Trekking Poles)