APPLICATION - BOLLE RAINIER SUNGLASSES - STEVE KIDD

  • ftroop94
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2012
      1.Please accept my application to test the Bolle Rainier Sunglasses I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5 and 6,and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.NAME: Steven M. Kidd
      EMAIL: ftroop94ATgmailDOTcom
      AGE: 39
      LOCATION: Franklin, Tennessee, USA
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 9" (1.75 m)
      WEIGHT: 220 lb (99.80 kg)

      3.Backpacking Background: I've been a backpacker on and off for over 25 years. Ibackpacked as a Boy Scout, and then again almost every month in my twenties,while packing an average weight of 50+ lbs (23+ kg). I now average 20 lbs (9 kg) in the backcountry.

      4.Test Plan: I backpack regularly throughout the year. I do many one or two nighters in the South Cumberland Plateau region of Tennessee, as there are miles and miles of trails and it is only around an hour drive from home. I typically do one longer trip in the summer, this will either be to the Smokey Mountains, Land Between the Lakes or George Washington National Forrest. Not quite sure yet. I have rarely worn shades while backpacking for one particular reason. I sweat quite a bit on the trail and I'm also peculiar about keeping my glasses clean. For this reason, I often feel I'm spending more time cleaning my sunglasses than enjoying the outdoors. The Rainier sunglasses intrigue me with not one, but three claims: 1) to be anti-fog (perspiration causes my glasses to do this often) , 2) they state they are hydrophobic (Constantly wiping water off the lenses bothers me) and 3) the Vented temples (appear to be designed to dispel heat). So, these glasses are the first I've ever seen in a Test Call that really caught my attention. I'd truly appreciate testing them to see if they really stand up to this sweaty fella's scrutiny on the trail!

      5. Previous Tests/OR's: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/ftroop94

      6. Test Status Page: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1880.htm

      7. Current Test Load: Injinji Toe Socks (Field Testing Phase) Sea-To-Summit Ultra Sil Nano/View Dry Sacks (awaiting arrival)

      8. Outstanding applications: None

      9. BGT Roles: Monitor

      Thanks for considering my application. Steve Kidd – 04-30-2012