APPLICATION - Ahnu Montara or Garmont Amica Hiker Boots - Kathy Waters

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
      APPLICATION TO TEST AHNU MONTARA OR GARMONT AMICA HIKER BOOTS
      Please accept my humble application to test either the Ahnu Montara or
      Garmont Amica Hiker Boots. My preference would be the Ahnu Montara, but I
      will gladly test either as needed. (Or both <g>) I have read the
      requirements for being a tester and the reporting requirements and I AGREE
      to comply. I am familiar with the BGT Survival Guide v.0609, including
      Chapters 4 & 5 and my Tester Agreement is on file.

      2.) Name: Kathleen Waters
      Age: 61
      Gender: Female
      Email address: Kathy at backpackgeartest.com or kathy at bysky dot com
      City, State, Country: Canon City, Colorado, USA

      Living in Colorado and being self-employed, I have ample opportunities to
      backpack. Though I have also had the good fortune to hike/snowshoe
      glaciers, rain forests, mountains and deserts in exotic locations,
      presently, most of my exploring is in the 700,000+ acres/280,000 hectares of
      public land bordering my 71-acre/29-hectare "backyard".
      My hiking style is comfortable. I use a tent (rain fly if needed) and my
      current pack averages 25 lb (11 kg) excluding food and water.
      I've been so busy with work and BGT "stuff" this past year and am horrified
      at how little I've been out testing. That's going to change! I've got
      plans for at least one weekend overnight backpack for each month, April
      through July (which is roughly the expected testing period) as well as
      weekly day hikes.
      Most of these forays will take place in south east to south central Colorado
      from the Front Range of the Rockies to the San Juans - conditions will be
      cold to mild to down right hot.
      Terrain will vary from sea-level sandy beaches (on a possible trip to
      Florida in May) to rocky high desert. While I might still encounter a tiny
      bit of snow, I doubt it and the forecast for rain this summer isn't too
      positive, so any moisture I test in will most likely be small streams
      My pack weight will vary but will average 25 lb (11 kg), excluding food and
      waters. I normally wear mid-height boots throughout the year, due to the
      rough terrain, cactus and most importantly, my personal nightmare/nemesis -
      RATTLESNAKES! In high vegetation, I will also be adding my favorite
      gaiters, Snakes Skins. Between my skin and my new boots (if selected) will
      be various wool and/or synthetic mid-to-heavy-weight socks.
      I've completed 7 Owner Reviews in the last 12 months, and should have at
      least 5 more by the time this test commences...
      I am currently testing the Big Agnes Fria 15 sleeping bag (LTR due in 6
      weeks) and am awaiting edits on the Hi-Tec Cloud Chaser Shell.
      I have no other applications outstanding.
      I am the SHE-RULER of BGT! No wait; actually, I'm BridGeT's total, mindless,
      soulless slave. But if you need to be technically correct about it, my BGT
      roles include: test monitor, editor & Senior BGT Director.