Re: [backpackgeartesters] March 2012 Call for Owner Reviews

  • woodswoman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
      Jamie,
      I have a quick question. I wondered if a emergency beacon would qualify as an electronic or communication device. A review would be more in line of what the unit is capable of rather than experience activating it ( I can only use the test button to qualify battery status)..anyway this is something I carry on most trips as well as solo day excursions off into untraveled areas. It is a McMurdo FastFind. I hope I never have to actually activate it. No problem if it doesn't qualify, just wondered.

      ***Gail***

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2012
        Hi Gail,

        It sounds like it would certainly fit into the very slim Communication Devices category. My only reservation is how the "testing" aspect would be covered. As you said you haven't activated it. Is it possible to activate it to provide a test?

        Jamie D