Application: ExOfficio Roamr pants - Mark Thompson

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2012
      Please consider my application to test the ExOfficio Roamr pants.
      1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters 4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.
      2. Tester information and bio:
      · Mark Thompson
      · 47
      · Male
      · 6’0” (1.8 m)
      · 190 lb (86.2 kg)
      · markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
      · Parker, CO, USA
      - Outdoor adventures started for me at a very early age, undoubtedly the result of adventurous parents. Over the years, my passions have bounced from sport to sport, but being in the mountains has always made me feel at home, whether it's the Sierras, Rockies, Adirondacks or the Alps , I am always planning my next adventure. After a 24 year separation, I am finally back home in the Rockies . My near term goals include climbing the Colorado 14'ers (22 down, 34 to go) and increasing my climbing skill level.

      3. Test plan: I have several overnight trips and one extended trip planned in the coming months. My typical weekend of winter “peak bagging” includes:

      Packing into the trailhead (since most of the trailheads are on Forest Service roads, the snow doesn’t get plowed and the pack in can be several miles).
      Camp overnight
      Awake early, climb, summit, descend and pack out
      Also this winter, I plan to:

      Serve as an instructor for CMC’s Basic Mountaineering School which includes:

      Several day trips covering navigation, snow and rock climbing (all of which will stress the pants as we will be bush-wacking,  glissading and being up close and personal with cliffs and rough rock
       one overnight adventure

      4. I have 2 tests currently in process:
      - REI Arete Tent
      - Big Agnes Sleeping bag

      link to my test status:
      . http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1890.htm

      5. I have written 3 OR's in the past 12 months.

      6. I have no other test applications outstanding
      7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
      8. Product request: Regular length, 36” waist

      Thank you for considering my application.

      Best regards,
      Mark