Application - Hit Tec Cloud Chaser

  • erinfoudy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      Please accept my application to test the Hi-Tec Cloud Chaser Shell. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v0609 including Chapter 5 I agree to comply with all requirements. My signed tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Info:
      Name: Erin Foudy
      Age: 31
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5'11'' (1.8 m)
      Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
      Email address: erinfoudyATyahooDOTcom
      City, State, Country: Tucson, Arizona, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I started backpacking while working for the National Park service ten years ago. I have been a backcountry ranger/law enforcement ranger and served on search and rescue crews. I typically take two or more camping trips a month, year round. I appreciate light weight, but am not obsessed by it. I often carry a 30 lb (14 kg) pack and stay out from three to nine days at a time. I also enjoy day trips with only water on my back. I take trips to Colorado and Montana in the summertime and enjoy the outdoors there as well.

      Test Plan:
      If selected, I would be very interested in testing the breathability of the Dri-Tec waterproof fabric, as well as how small it can pack. During the summers in both Arizona and Colorado we get almost daily afternoon rainstorms so I am certain this jacket would get use. In Arizona, we have monsoons; storms that can be quite powerful, yet the temperature remains relatively high. Having a rain jacket that can keep me dry but doesn't suffocate is especially desirable. In Colorado, after a good afternoon shower the temperature may cool off dramatically. Having an extra layer that is waterproof and light is a must for me because I get chilled easily. Additionally, as mentioned, I am interested in how small this jacket can pack. The website reads that the jacket packs into it's own pocket which sounds great for light hiking and backpacking.

      I tend to travel a great deal and have big plans for the upcoming spring and summer. This jacket will be tested in many areas of Arizona; it is one of my goals to accomplish as much of the Arizona National Scenic Trail as possible beginning in the Chihuahuan Desert of the Mexico/Arizona border and ending in Northern Arizona at the Arizona/Utah border. While attempting to reach this goal I also plan to hike and backpack in many of the mountain ranges of Northern Arizona as well as the Grand Canyon. In addition, my family and I plan to do some extensive hiking and backpacking on our annual summer trip to Colorado. While in Colorado we will be mainly in and around Rocky Mountain National Park as well Pike National Forest in Colorado Springs.

      I have 2 current tests: My Inspire Wear Bra (Initial reporting), Astral 40 Pack (Awaiting Delivery).
      My tester status page is at: http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1900.htm
      I have 2 OR's uploaded to the BGT site, and 1 in the editing stage.
      My OR's can be viewed at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/erinfoudy
      I have 0 applications pending.
      I have no additional BGT responsibilities. (newbie)

      Thank you!