APPLICATION - Hi-Tec Cloud Chaser - L Pontious

  • Lori
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2012
      Please accept my application to review the Hi-Tec Cloud Chaser. I
      have read the BGT Survival Guide v. 0609 and Bylaws v. 0609 and I
      agree to comply with all requirements and timetables. My signed
      Tester Agreement is on file with BGT.

      Name: Lori Pontious
      Age: 45
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 7" (1.7 m)
      Weight: 163 (74 kg)
      email address: lori.pontious at gmail.com
      location: Fresno County, California, USA

      I have been dayhiking/backpacking in California since 2006, mostly in
      the Sierra Nevada, in the coastal ranges in winter, and into low
      elevation parks such as Henry Coe. I have been out at least monthly,
      several times a month in spring and summer, and usually carry a
      lightweight pack.

      Test Plan: I plan to take it with me on all my backpacking and
      dayhiking trips, as well as any campouts or search and rescue
      activities attended. I primarily hike in the Sierra Nevada and don't
      flinch from weather especially during searches - I also use the
      waterproof layer as additional warmth should things get chillier than
      anticipated. I would be interested in assessing the Cloud Chaser's
      durability, packability and whether or not (or to what degree) the
      jacket is breathable. I'm also interested in whether all the pockets
      are functional while wearing a pack, since I do keep various items in
      pockets while hiking for quick access.

      If selected I would require a medium.

      My thanks to Hi-Tec and Backpack Gear Test for their consideration.

      Current tests: Dual Eyewear SL2, Sea to Summit trio (map case, TPU
      guide accessory case, clear ziptop pouch),, tasc Performance Long
      Sleeve V neck, Brooks Range Map Tools, My Inspire Bra; Test status
      page at http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1883.htm

      Owner reviews in the past year: three (Sublite tarptent, JRB quilt,
      NeoAir)

      Completed tests: Primus EtaPackLite, Aarn Peak Aspiration, Smartwool
      PhD Light Hiker Socks, JakPak, Past Primitive Deluxe Cookset,
      Magellan eXplorist 710

      Other test applications: none pending

      BGT involvement: none other than testing at this time, tho I am on
      the list to be a monitor

      Previous reviews: See my owner reviews and test series at:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/lpon2000