Test call: 3 men needed to roam the trails with stretchy pants
- BGT and ExOfficio would like to offer 3 manly men the opportunity to
roam the trails this season in their new Trail Roam'r™ Pant:
Do note the size restrictions, in particular the only inseam lengths
that appear to be available is 32" and 30" (see link on page to short
1. Backpacking use required, i.e. five nights
2. US shipping included
3. DOES NOT APPLY TO NEWBIE LIMIT
4. Nancy is the Moderator
5. Subject line: "Application: ExOfficio Roamr pants - <your name>"
6. CC application to: kwpapke(at)gmail(dot)com
7. Closes: midnight, monday March 5, 2012
8. Application content: short app, always helpful to spell out how you
will stress this item, i.e. bushwacking, sliding down hills on your
butt, stuffing the cargo pockets, etc.
9. Selected model (short or regular)
10. Non-guaranteed choice of color
Looking forward to seeing *lots* of apps for these great pants. This
is a quality item that any (male) backpacker can use and write up
easily. Heck, all you have to do is wear 'em!
Laissez les bon temps rouler.
- Please consider my application to test the ExOfficio Roamr pants.
1. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org By-Laws (v. 0609) particularly Chapters 4, 5 and 6 and I agree to abide by all rules and meet or exceed all requirements. My signed Tester Agreement is on file.
2. Tester information and bio:
· Mark Thompson
· 6’0” (1.8 m)
· 190 lb (86.2 kg)
· markthompson242 AT gmail dot com
· Parker, CO, USA
- Outdoor adventures started for me at a very early age, undoubtedly the result of adventurous parents. Over the years, my passions have bounced from sport to sport, but being in the mountains has always made me feel at home, whether it's the Sierras, Rockies, Adirondacks or the Alps , I am always planning my next adventure. After a 24 year separation, I am finally back home in the Rockies . My near term goals include climbing the Colorado 14'ers (22 down, 34 to go) and increasing my climbing skill level.
3. Test plan: I have several overnight trips and one extended trip planned in the coming months. My typical weekend of winter “peak bagging” includes:
Packing into the trailhead (since most of the trailheads are on Forest Service roads, the snow doesn’t get plowed and the pack in can be several miles).
Awake early, climb, summit, descend and pack out
Also this winter, I plan to:
Serve as an instructor for CMC’s Basic Mountaineering School which includes:
Several day trips covering navigation, snow and rock climbing (all of which will stress the pants as we will be bush-wacking, glissading and being up close and personal with cliffs and rough rock
one overnight adventure
4. I have 2 tests currently in process:
- REI Arete Tent
- Big Agnes Sleeping bag
link to my test status:
5. I have written 3 OR's in the past 12 months.
6. I have no other test applications outstanding
7. I am not filling any additional BGT roles
8. Product request: Regular length, 36” waist
Thank you for considering my application.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]