EDIT- LTR - Magellan eXplorist 710 - Brian Hartman

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2012
      Hello Brian,
      Thank you for your final installment.
      One thing I noticed immediately is that I had to scroll sideways to read the
      report in the Test Folder.
      Can you reduce the tab to say 1,000 px so that people do not have to scroll
      on the toolbar?
      It seems a pity that the unit is playing up when using VantagePoint
      connected to your PC.

      Comment: Any idea as to how old your rechargeable batteries were that you
      were only getting 4 hours out of them? If you do know I would make a comment
      in the report that the batteries were so many years old and have been
      recharged innumerable times.

      No other edits.
      You are good to upload

      Cheers
      Ralph
    • Ralph Ditton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2012
        Hi Brian,
        I noticed that your final uploaded report still has the problem of sideway
        scrolling.
        Perhaps your photos are too large causing the problem?
        I look at the reports in Internet Explorer.
        How about making it 800 wide at 72 ppi and cut the size of the first side
        aligned picture to about 300 wide.
        Best
        Ralph

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2012
          Hello Brian,

          Hang loose as I am unfamiliar with BGT Report Writer. I use KompoZer where I
          can move the tab at the top to narrow the page.

          I'll ask Ray our new person overseeing test reports.

          I will get back to you.

          Best

          Ralph

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2012
            Hi guys, I use Chrome and your report self-sdjusts in that browser just fine. But IE does not, something I did not pick up on at first as I don't use IE for much. One way to check how reports look is here: http://www.screen-resolution.com/ The way to shrink those pictures Brian is with your photo editor. I use Photoshop but most of them have a Resize function. Once they are resized (the full shots at 800 pixels per inch or smaller, the ones to the sides of copy around 300 I'd guess) you will need to replace them in the Report Writer and then push the button to rebuild the HTML page. Let me know if I can help in any way. Ray
            From: rdassets@...
            To: bhart1426@...
            CC: rayestrella@...; backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
            Hello Brian,Hang loose as I am unfamiliar with BGT Report Writer. I use KompoZer where I can move the tab at the top to narrow the page.I�ll ask Ray our new person overseeing test reports.I will get back to you.Best Ralph From: Brian Hartman [mailto:bhart1426@...]
            Sent: Monday, 13 February 2012 12:14 AM
            To: Ralph Ditton